Eufy Robovac 11 - IFTTT

I think it would be especially cool if there was IFTTT integration in the Eufy Robovac 11. This would allow us to not only control the robot via Alexa, but also have it run automatically when we leave our homes. Does anyone else thing this integration would be awesome?! The possibilities are endless with IFTTT. @AnkerOfficial (I just bought one of these today with the wonderful discount!)

3 Likes

I totally agree! I’ve got the Eufy Robovac 11, as well as a few Amazon Echo Dots & Fire Tablets. Hopefully Anker is listening closely. -fingers crossed-
I think within the next year or two, this kind of integration will just be automatically expected by consumers.

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t have the Fire tablets, but we’ve got a few Echos/Echo Dots.

This would surely be something that our existing Robovac 11 would be compatible with, if the feature did role out, correct?

@BrandonGrant @joshuad11 Stay tuned :wink:

3 Likes

Am on the fence about buying a RoboVac 11 right now, especially with all of the hints that a new one is on its way :stuck_out_tongue: Worth the wait?

Not super concerned about WiFi/Alexa/Google Home, but am definitely interested in smarter navigation (ala Neato/Xiaomi). :grin:

BTW for the current vacuums, a Logitech Harmony Hub or similar should be able to interact with it via the IR port. That would be a cool mod!

Alright - here’s my verdict. If you are really wanting one, then you can buy it, but the rating on Amazon seems deceiving to me. She has a very difficult time finding her home, and you’ll get used to rescuing her, so really, it’s more of a hands-on experience than a hands-off one. Either way, I would strongly recommend waiting until it goes on sale again. Don’t get me wrong, it is a pretty cool thing to have.

Also, I contacted Eufy and they said not to expect a new one until roughly the end of June, so… They said it would include Wifi. Take what you want from that.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for the honest review. The reviews on Amazon are almost universally rave, which made it hard to judge what the real weaknesses are. Does it get clogged often/how does it handle long hairs?

Right now I’m deciding between buying the Eufy (when it goes on sale again, missed the $185) or a Neato that costs twice as much. I’m assuming the Neato will be better at returning home, has more scheduling options - but whether that’s worth the 2x price increase I’m not sure.

That’s another thing! You can only schedule the Eufy for every day! It doesn’t really get clogged much and handles long hairs fine, but I’m talking more about “getting stuck”. So many times, it beeps at you when it could easily just back up, but NO, instead, it tries to find a way out by turning left and turning right constantly. Also, the drop sensors are affected on wires/cords, so it will stop. Same goes for air vents.

This is the first Robovac I’ve had, so I don’t really have much to compare it to… just what I think you should be getting for the price. I just find it very hard to believe there are that many 4 and 5 star ratings!!!

I’m not a very good writer, but I felt as though this review explained how I was feeling very well.

@nanowave Just tried with my Logitech Harmony Hub, and I was unable to teach it the commands from the RoboVac 11 to the Logitech Harmony

1 Like

They are soon releasing the Robovac 11c which will have smart controls.

2 Likes

I got my Harmony hub to recognize the ir commands from
the Eufy RoboVac 11 remote and used
IFTTT so that I could ask Google Assistant to start vacuuming and to make it go home. I said in detail what I did here: Eufy RoboVac 11 and Logitech Harmony?

And the nice thing is the price difference between the RoboVac 11 and the RoboVac 11c is about the same as the price of the Harmony hub. So I would recommend not getting the 11c and get the 11 with the Harmony hub and be able to do much more.

4 Likes

How much longer are we going to have to wait? IFTTT, please!

@AnkerOfficial when can we expect IFTTT support?

Now that Apple has Siri Shortcuts, enabling IFTTT support with EUFY would allow your customers to control EUFY devices with Apple’s Siri Shortcuts. This works on iPhone/iPad, Apple Watch and HomePod.

See link below for details. I now do this with every single device that supports IFTTT but doesn’t offer HomeKit functionality. It works great!

2 Likes

Totally agree @AnkerOfficial IFTT is a must if your going to pull ahead in this market. It is expected now by consumers

1 Like

2 years later… still no IFTTT support. Whats going on @AnkerOfficial ???

This year, we will build a support center and the customer support app.It will improve the customer support quality.:grin: