Eufy Indoor Cam 2K Setup Loop

Hi all, I was setting up a new Indoor Cam 2K, did the whole Add Device on Android app, Power on cam, wait for Solid Blue LED, scan QR code on bottom of cam and then select wireless network to connect to. Was trying my normal wireless network that everything is connected to and I know the password was correct as I tried typing it manually a few times and copying it directly from the Google Wifi app, still wouldn’t accept it so not sure if Eufy cams have problems accepting Wifi passwords with special characters in them?

Whatever I did it wouldn’t connect so I clicked back on the Eufy app and this seemed to send the camera in to some sort of setup loop where now the camera LED never goes to solid blue again. It just goes the initial blue/purple for about 20 seconds, then solid blue quickly for 1 second then solid red for 3 seconds and then goes back to blue/purple and just keeps doing that on repeat until I unplug the power.

I have tried holding the Sync button for various levels of time whilst the device is powered on, nothing seems to change or interrupt the sequence it goes through of initial blue/purple for about 20 seconds, then solid blue quickly for 1 second then solid red for 3 seconds and then goes back to blue/purple and repeats over & over.

Have I somehow bricked the cam? If so why is it so easy to brick it, I just clicked back on the app during setup when facing difficulty connecting to a wifi network so surely I’m not the only one to experience that.

Eufy chat support keeps trying to tell me I must have a defective unit, the problem is it hasn’t been doing this from the get go as mentioned it went in to the setup procedure and it was just prematurely exiting the setup that seems to have now turned it into a zombie.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions of things to try? I asked Eufy chat support if there was a way to flash the firmware on the cam back to factory by using the micro SD slot and they said the only way to reset to factory is to hold the Sync button for 15 secs whilst powered on … this seems a little limited for a device that has a USB and Micro SD slot.

Thanks in advance!

I just setup my 2K cam last night using a wifi password that has special characters.
I don’t think exiting the setup process caused the camera to breakdown, but it might be a faulty unit from the factory.
contact support again for a replacement after you are exhausted with reset option as suggested by them.

I also have exactly the same problem. Where you able to fix it or had to return the camera?