Eufy Floodlight not conecting to Wifi - SOLUTION

Thanks for your information.
I have the same problem. I try your way but it didn’t connect to wifi. My router is Teltra smart router GEN2. Any help, please?

I have the same problem. It didn’t connect to wifi. I try this solution but no working. My router is Telstra smart router GEN 2. Any help, please?

I called Customer Support. They had me turn off mobile data and the eufy app paired with the floodlight and prompted me to give wifi network credentials.

2 Likes

Hi - I can confirm that the solution outlined by westonmoore works.

1 Like

Turning off mobile data is the big winner solution.
Have to keep in mind a few other things:
Must sync the floodlight to a 2.4G network. It will NOT work with 5G.
Have to log your phone into the 2.4G wifi before you begin.
Also, if you happen to use a VPN on your phone like I do, you have to disable the VPN to get this to work. Wasted over an hour until I figured this last step out.
Now the floodlight is finally connected.

I’m beat.

I’ve got a Netgear Orbi dual band 2.4 & 5Ghz router (no satellite currently set up) and just can’t get my floodlight connected with an iphone.

As you can’t switch band steering off on an Orbi (and firmware has removed a hack to create separate band SSIDs using Telnet), I’ve tried:

• my mobile on 2.4 G band, with power to the floodlight only turned on after the 5G SSID is off and 5G transmit power to 25% (no other devices right near the router would connect to 5G band); and
  • mobile data off

I can’t even get my phone joined to the floodlight cam wifi network through the setup at the flashing white LED stage - it tries twice, says it can’t and prompts to select the eufy cam network through my phone settings… but that doesnt show in the list of available networks.

I’ve had no showstopper problems getting the Eufy HB2 added to the network (for 2C and wireless doorbell cameras) or other 2.4G-only devices connected on the Orbi. But am stumped on this one after trawling a lot of various forums/threads.

There’s not a tonne of 2.4G network traffic at the floodlight, and even though it’s about 10-15m from my router (I know Eufy recommends closer), my phone on 2.4G still gets good wifi reception down/upload speeds at that spot.

Anyone got an Orbi to work? Any other suggestions warmly welcome, other than buying a new router!

Am in Australia too - I bought 4 of these cameras to replace existing floodlights. The guy who served us said to go home and run a 5 Min YouTube video via wifi only in each camera location, before we purchased to check our signal would be strong enough - good advice. One of our cameras has a Model No of T8420 and the other three have Model No T8420X. The first one (T8420) was very easy to set up by scanning the QR Code on the top of the box and connecting to our wifi. The other three have been no end of trouble over the last three days trying to connect them. The QR Code on the top of the boxes does not work - if you scan the box, the app continually looks for “FloodlightCam-Eufy network’ to connect to, which does not exist. After trying everything I could think of multiple times - turning off 5ghz on the modem, turned Band Steering off, inputting QR Code manually, turning power/phone/modem off and on again, what finally worked is scanning the QR code actually on the bottom of the camera itself. It appears there is an issue with the QR Code on the box for the T8420X model cameras sold in Australia - apparently the X model allows you to set detection for humans only. So now they are all set up and we are happy with the clarity of the view, night mode and the controls available in the App. There is no subscription required so that is another big plus with EUFY.

1 Like

Hmm - none of this is working for me. Technicolour DAW0120 with some Belkin range extenders.

Have tried (i) main network and guest; (ii) 5G on, with band switching off; (iii) 5G off altogether (EUFY app cannot even see the networks, under ths option); (iv) range extenders on / off (makes no difference). In each case, my phone has been connected to the correct network, with mobile data off and no VPNs. None of my other devices have any difficulty connecting the networks in the foregoing scenarios - so presumably its the floodlight that has the fundamental connectivity issues.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

You can ask your questions at the EUFY forum as well.
May be the friends there can help you.

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/

Thanks! Will do.

I have been having issues as well. Cant find the answers on the other forum so thought would post here.
My wifi wasnt strong so bought powerlines. Wifi is good now. Trouble is prior to this the camera was showing up on my phone but wasnt connecting , now it doesnt even show up on my phone when you get to the flashing white light etc etc…have spent over 500$ for nothing by the sounds of things

I too had the same problem. If you tried all the other steps, try these simple step ( Hoping that you are on 2.4 ghz network)

1. Phone ( eufy app is installed): disconnect the existing home wifi network by doing forget the network .
  2. Do the Common the steps suggested by eufy app
  3. Add the existing network with password
  4. name the camera. But you may experience issue going to the step after naming camera. Name and keep the eufy app as it is
  5. connect wifi in the normal settings
  6. come back to Eufy app setup and apply next.

Thats all, rest you should get naturally. Good luck. Now I am playing with Alexa skill creation

I too have the same problem. It just will not connect to my wifi, while all other cameras, devices, doorbells etc. had no problem.

Here is my solution: Turn off your firewall during the setup process.

I use the OPNSense installed on a Protectli. I had to create a wifi access point outside of Protectli. Once I did that, the floodlight cam can quickly go through the setup process.

Once it is setup, however, you can move it back to the wifi that sites behind the firewall and it will continue to function.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Nice comment

It all depends on the setup and how the specific the wifi works.

I hope this helps other users who face similar issues

Thank you to all previous posters.
I had same issue and it seems that the router firewall was the issue

Cheers,

Had huge difficulty connecting to the 1080p floodlight camera.
For me selecting the floodlight Pro instead of the actual model in setup and scanning the QR code on the bottom of the camera finally worked.

My fix to connecting the camera was to use the app on a different phone. I originally tried doing it on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the app would go all the way to the last step where you select the WiFi network and then it would fail. Nothing I tried using the app on the S9 had worked, i had tried turning the firewall off in router, had put the phone on airplane mode and turned WiFi back on only, tried using another phone as a mobile hotspot and it still didn’t work.

Finally installed the Eufy security app on the other phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and it worked. Why the S9 wouldn’t I have no idea, but try the app on someone else’s phone or an old one if you have one and once its setup you are all good with your other phone.

Thank you Steff! I live in the States and have been corresponding with Eufy support for months and they shipped 2 replacement floodlights to no avail. Eero support also no help. I did not pause 5g, detection is automatic, but Guest was the solution.

Did you get it sorted? I have a TP-Link router and it was a nightmare to get it connected but i did in the end sort it. I created a new account made Australia the country. I went into my internet setting turned off my 5g and made sure my phone was connected to the 2.4g. i then turned off mobile data and then started the app instructions to connect from scratch. It worked after that. I tried so many times before but starting again creating new account for the app and not doing anything till 5g off and mobile data turned off worked