Eufy Floodlight not conecting to Wifi - SOLUTION

Thank you to all previous posters.
I had same issue and it seems that the router firewall was the issue

Cheers,

Had huge difficulty connecting to the 1080p floodlight camera.
For me selecting the floodlight Pro instead of the actual model in setup and scanning the QR code on the bottom of the camera finally worked.

My fix to connecting the camera was to use the app on a different phone. I originally tried doing it on a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the app would go all the way to the last step where you select the WiFi network and then it would fail. Nothing I tried using the app on the S9 had worked, i had tried turning the firewall off in router, had put the phone on airplane mode and turned WiFi back on only, tried using another phone as a mobile hotspot and it still didn’t work.

Finally installed the Eufy security app on the other phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and it worked. Why the S9 wouldn’t I have no idea, but try the app on someone else’s phone or an old one if you have one and once its setup you are all good with your other phone.

Thank you Steff! I live in the States and have been corresponding with Eufy support for months and they shipped 2 replacement floodlights to no avail. Eero support also no help. I did not pause 5g, detection is automatic, but Guest was the solution.

Did you get it sorted? I have a TP-Link router and it was a nightmare to get it connected but i did in the end sort it. I created a new account made Australia the country. I went into my internet setting turned off my 5g and made sure my phone was connected to the 2.4g. i then turned off mobile data and then started the app instructions to connect from scratch. It worked after that. I tried so many times before but starting again creating new account for the app and not doing anything till 5g off and mobile data turned off worked

Hello
I have a T8420 and it’s not working here in Mexico.
Could you share me the router model and what specifications do I need to have in the network configuration please ?
Thanks

Hello
I have a T8420 camera, what sysnology router do I need to have and what specifocation do I need to configure on it ?
Thanks

1 Like

Omg here I was thinking it was me - until I found this thread. Why on earth have they not fixed this issues - hours dealing with customer service and travelling to get a replacement camera - all for a very well know issue - crazy. Unlikely I will purchase again - so if you have 6 cameras on 1 network - and the spot light on the guest network- how can the spot light trigger other devices- crazy