Eufy cam recorded all night draining battery

I woke this morning to check my events log for the evening and the camera recorded every minute up through 6am, there were hundreds of event logs.

Firmware is up to date, it was still evening so the camera was not being triggered. Our second camera performed fine.

Any ideas?

I have noticed that reliability of the cameras has seemingly started to slip since put in service several months ago and this just another example.

Daft question…

Are there wondering animals in the clips … Cats etc
Any bushes near the camera blowing in the breeze etc

Something is triggering it, so look around in daytime to see what it could be.

Cameras like these have a wider angle than you think, and although it may not be captured, something in the range nnwidth of the SENSOR is making it think something is happening.

Try a small piece of duck tape, to cover the section you think could be the cause.

1 Like

Check the motion sensitivity settings. I often have to adjust it on a gusty windy day after looking at few non important motion triggers due to wind.

Yeah, about that… eufy claimed up, down, and sideways during the Kickstarter that the cameras only record motion of things at body-level heat or higher. So, yes, a warm car engine might trigger a recording, but blowing plants, rain, bugs, etc wouldn’t trigger a recording. Yet folks might remember when the rain triggered my camera for several hours last year, and I’ve had spiders trigger a recording, and recently SHADOWS of moving tree branches (not visible, and well above the plane of the motion detector).

There are wondering animals that are routinely picked up with our cameras, but this was not an instance of that. I have had this camera set up and operating flawlessly for several months now. When I say the camera recorded all night, I am referring to recording every single minute throughout the evening until I woke up and shut off the camera. There were hundreds of logged events, hundreds. The camera did the same thing last night.

The motion sensor settings are fine. I routinely adjust them. The camera is not being triggered by any physical event, this is a glitch with the camera. My battery that was once full up until the first episode is now at half life after last night’s most recent episode.

I don’t have any of these fancy cameras, mynimpuy was pure suggestions of possible triggers.

However, if it’s recording all night, every night, then I’d suggest a firmware reboot/update and possible a clean.

I had a friend whose cemra kept alerting n recording… Turned out a tiny bug had got inside??

Worth a check… Not to void warranty tho!

Yeah, restart the whole system and if required remove and re-sync the camera. There should be some solution. When you run out ideas, send an email to support@eufylife.com, possibly need to return the camera for a replacement.

If you include my problem with the opposite situation (it STOPPED recording, rather than constantly recording), this is at least the second report of behavior going well out of spec after the most recent firmware updates. Sure, it could be coincidental hardware failure, but that seems less unlikely than a bug (or bugs) in the firmware updates.

1 Like

@AnkerSupport Now this is the situation with one of my cameras…it is recording and sending notifications twice every minute.
All I did was logged into web portal to see if any changes there, and logged out. That is it.
Started recording 2 to 3 events per minute and sending out notifications, bit (no a lot) of disapointment.

1 Like

Had a same experience but logged back in to mobile and it stopped.

1 Like

No, it didn’t stop for almost 3 hours, tried all possible settings and finally restarted the homebase from the APP and it’s back to normal now.
@AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport something to look at and work on in the future as it may drive users crazy…