Eufy cam confusion

Several new versions of the eufy cam and basestation has been released recently
All with different functionality and homekit
All to be sold different places

Im amazed that even eufy’s own website dont have all listed and not even a comparsiontable so potential buyers can choose the cam that suits them

Im having a hard time finding info on each model anywhere to see what functions they have as all vary

Anyone who can list each model and what features they have Since Anker isnt?
Also some cams can be bought on eufylife some cant, some at BB, some on Amazon??
Really weird businessmodel

Also

Can any cam be used with any basestation ?

4 Likes

Thank you, I too have that same confusion and its pulling me to other products. I’m about to buy so please clear this up for us and tell me what type of customer goes with each version. Also, you’re now releasing a new version 18 months in the making when will the next version be released?

1 Like

This is a good point and I’ve began compiling a comparison chart on my website that I hope helps clear up some confusion!

eufyCam 1 vs 2
https://technicallywell.com/eufycam-1-vs-eufycam-2/

eufyCam 1 vs eufyCam E vs eufyCam 2C
https://technicallywell.com/eufycam-vs-eufycam-e-vs-eufycam-2c/

The main difference between eufyCam 1 vs eufyCam 2 is the addition of HomeKit support, but it is not available yet (it is coming to the eufyCam 2 in a future update).

If anyone has any suggestions on items to add to the chart, please let me know!

4 Likes

I have same issue. I have a post asking the same question, with 92 views but no responses. At least you have a couple of replies to yours…

1 Like

Thanks for this. This has helped greatly. My biggest concern with the 2C was he inbuilt memory and what appears to be non expandable, but if the usb 3 port can add expansion in the future that makes it more attractive. Do we have any idea when this feature will be added?
In terms of additional info the smaller form factor of the 2C only allows for 2 battery cells hence the 180 day capacity, form what i can see

1 Like

What would help if Anker put of the user manual on their website so potential buyers could see some of the specs before purchasing so that we can make in an informed decision.

Secondarily it would also be good to know what type of sensor is in the 2C. Also with 16gb of storage the website estimates 3 months but is that based on 1,2, 3 or 4 cameras all recording simultaneously?

Also what is the process for firmware upgrades is it OTA?

lastly is there a maximum number of devices that can be added to the base unit?

2 Likes

I found this information in the Amazon Q&A section… looks like we could see it in December:

1 Like