Don’t use a DEBIT card at a gas station

This is a growing problem all over the world. I highly recommend you use cash, or credit cards at the gas station. This is really horrible to see this is what the world is coming to.

1 Like

Yes this is very important. Don’t ever use your Debit card outside of issuing bank. Credit cards are best for all other purchases plus you get the points on your purchase.
When debit card gets scammed then good luck getting it fixed. Its like getting stolen cash back. It can be nightmare.
Credit cards (specially in US) comes with zero liability for misuse so even if it is stolen or scammed the user will not be held accountable for any misused funds.

1 Like

@Anjou1888 Small word of advice regarding some of your ‘daily’ tech threads (based on feedback from others which you have seen)…

…while I have mentioned that posting is encouraged I would suggest that you choose topics which can be a good source of ongoing discussion…while daily tech tips and the like maybe useful for some, others will merely either skip over them…plus I doubt that @AnkerOfficial will want the community to become a dumping ground of third party tech articles…

Just a friendly suggestion to help with uptake of your threads and to prevent further negative feedback :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Okay :+1::+1::+1:. I’ll remember this.

I usually pay inside the store and not at the pump for this very reason. So far I have been lucky to not get any suspicious spendings on my bank statements

1 Like

Makes no sense to use a debit card anymore honestly

I’m not judging, just curious. But what are your other reasons for not using a debit card?

I guess, money and identity theft are the biggest reasons not to use debit cards.

1 Like

They are also not covered against fraud like credit cards and PayPal

1 Like

Never use a debit card anyway. Get a credit card with fraud protection and then you dont have to sweat it. I never use my debit card.