Does the 12-in-1 dock work with a USB-C Chromebook?

Hello everyone! I’ve been wondering if the 12-in-1 dock works with USB-C Chromebooks. I have a friend who uses a USB-C Chromebook (I can’t figure out the model, but it supports DP Alt Mode) and I want to help them work better through Covid-19. So, if anyone has the 12-in-1 AND a USB-C Chromebook, could you please help me out and see if it works? Thanks.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spam Links / Accounts - ongoing

@ndalby user posting spam

2 Likes

Post removed, cheers @Tank

2 Likes

Obviously we’d like to help but that’s such a rare combination, there’s likely few owners of that dock and even fewer who that and a Chromebook. So chances you get a reply extremely low.

Your options are therefore probably either:

• least effort, play safe and assume won’t work.
  • most effort, buy the dock, open it carefully, try it, if fails then use Amazon free return, probably needs them to be in a major country with Prime. Return it quickly, as they’ll know in hours if it works or not.

I know Chromebooks can support 2nd monitor, but I had a HDMI direct, didn’t try via hub, so can’t help.

2 Likes

Well, I already have the dock (use it daily :slight_smile:) and can assume it works off USB-C 3.1 with DP alt, so problem solved: it likely works.

1 Like

Even so, buy with free return just in case.

1 Like