Do you think that the new Soundcore Icon family of speakers will replace the Soundcore Nano?

I looked at the products from Anker’s CES showcase and I came across the Soundcore Icon family. I notice that they are smaller in size and I remember the Soundcore Nano (which has disappeared from soundcore.com for a while). So I think that the Icons will replace it.
Do guys think so too?

I love the Nano. It is my most used Soundcore. The sound for voice is perfect, it comes with an audio cable so can work with anything. I’d love a successor, like a waterproof version.

I gave away other Soundcore that Anker generously send me. I given away Mini… practically everything Anker sent me for free, even the over-ear ones they sent me for Xmas.

Kept the Nano.

Nano for when cannot use buds, Slim+ when moving fast, Life for when moving slow. Bose for long flights. Nothing has yet beaten them.

Waiting.

3 Likes

Well your wish has come true! :smile:
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

The size of the Icon Mini look looks about identical to the Nano’s size. Maybe that’s why @AnkerOfficial took the Nano off of their website, so they could make room for the Icon family.

Do you own a Nano? It is very small.

2 Likes

No, but I’ve seen unboxings on YouTube. I guess I overestimated.

@nigelhealy, to me, the Icon Mini looks like a hybrid of a Soundcore Nano and a Soundcore Mini.
Also, I think that the Icon looks like a hybrid between a Soundcore 2 and a Motion Q.

The two things that bothers me is the Icon has a shorter battery life than the Mini and the Icon has the same price as the Flare.

I also have a Nano. It was WAY smaller than I expected when I got it. Check out my review:

I like it way more than I expected to. I also have a SoundCore Boost and I never expected that I would use the Nano as much as I do the Boost. But, I keep it by the bed and use it when streaming video before bed. The boost stays in the office and travels when I go camping, paddle boarding, etc.

If Anker’s past behavior is any indicator, the Nano will probably be around for a while. Better yet, It will probably get a steep discount once the Icons are out there in full force. My advice: keep an eye on Amazon for sales, community for giveaways, and PowerDraw for chances to get nanos for free :wink:

1 Like

Chances are the Icon Mini is the second generation of / replacement for the Nano as the sizes are similar (perhaps 10-20% bigger) and it has the waterproofing capabilities (plus stereo pairing) many have mentioned for the Nano…no doubt though, they will still have a ton of stock still to shift on the Nano, so I doubt it’s fully gone yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have two. One that was opened and used until my Mini 2 arrived and other one was a gift from Anker that is still unopened.

3 Likes

I got 3 of them in total as various gifts over the year. I give one away each time I win one.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about giving one away at some point.

1 Like

I want to get one of them they are so small and portable and I’ve read so many great reviews of them

This kind of abundance gave me the idea of a kind of
“in-house swapping and give away market place” here.

2 Likes

@ncro, Nick keep in mind that just because something is no longer on Ankers website does not mean it’s discontinued. As we have mentioned here in the past, Anker often removes out of stock items from their website and are horrible at relisting it when it’s in stock. Your best bet is to check Amazon for stock as that is a more accurate guide of what’s available.

As far as the Icon replacing the Nano, I personally don’t think it is because it’s larger than the nano and weighs more. But, that’s also because it’s waterproof so who knows. Only time will tell.

2 Likes

I know, but the fact that it is pretty similar in size just made me think about it.
I remember the conversation we had a few months ago about the discontinued thing.

Yeah it seems like the website is for showcasing their newest stuff while amazon is for moving inventory.

1 Like

The nano has been out of stock on amazon for months now to the point where I can no longer find it. Any ideas how I can get my hands on one because I really love how small and loud it is.

1 Like