Display Your Creativity and WIN

This is another entry of mine and this time it’s an anker car maybe we can call it Ankar :joy::+1:

7 Likes

You’re a trend setter :wink: If members are trying to hit daily point quotas they will do it one way or another…

2 Likes

“Camping Buddy” just got back from his off grid vacation with thanks to Anker @AnkerOfficial

2 Likes

So I’m curious. If you were chosen for a prize, which one would you hope for?

• PowerCore 20100
  • Premium USB-C Wall Charger
  • eufy Smart Scale
  • Soundcore Liberty Lite
  • Roav VIVA

0 voters

2 Likes

I just realized you can see the bowl on the powerbank :joy:

2 Likes

I gave my flare some overalls/apron and some eyes.

It’s only a shame it’s first sight had to be me! :joy:

Hope you enjoy it’s costume. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been working with 3M, Avery, and Hexis vinyl for some time now on the hobbyist level. I decided to take my hand at wrapping my Anker PowerCore 26800 - I think it came out pretty well! For those that want to try their hand at this - get a premium vinyl product with rapid release channels like 3M 1080 (what I used here) - have a hair dryer handy, and start with a simple square. Complex edges are quite difficult. Make sure your surface is clean, I use isopropyl alcohol (on alcohol-safe surface) and lint-free cloths.

It will never be 100% perfect on these power banks - it doesn’t seem like I can remove the end caps to wrap them neatly, so I’m tucking the vinyl under the edges with a sharp knife. It would look better if I could remove the end caps and wrap the vinyl over the edges.

This took four pieces of vinyl - one for the top half, one for the bottom half, one for the back, and one for the front. I split the top half and bottom half along the seams of the power bank.

3 Likes

That’s cool, but can you show more pictures if it from different angles

1 Like

That’s awesome. Can you cut out the spots where the LED indicators are?

I don’t think they need to be cut out they should be visible through the vinyl

:joy: special effects

I guess no one likes my flare…:pensive:. It about what I expected :joy::joy:

Two words:

coconut bra

4 Likes

Lol I considered it. Not really sure how to make it though. Also, I wa stalking about my new one :joy:

I used a fine point xacto to cut around the LED holes as best I could. Before cutting the vinyl, you could still see the LEDs through the vinyl (though it was very dim). This is definitely an improvement though I could probably remove a tiny bit more vinyl.
LED Off:

LED On - it does blend in quite a bit with the color of the vinyl, but it does look better in person than it does in this photo:

4 Likes

I’m going to try and redo the end pieces - I know they’ll never be perfect but I think I can do better. Since I cannot remove the end caps without damaging the unit, it’s very difficult to tuck the vinyl around the cutouts. I’ve marked up a couple of the difficult areas. Spots around the USB port are difficult - if I could remove the end piece, I would have probably cut an “X” and then folded the edges to the back side of the end piece so it would be nice and tight. Ditto with the perimeter. Since it’s such a tiny piece and I don’t have much room to tuck the vinyl behind, you can see some lifting and some folding.

If anyone has tips for disassembling these power banks without damaging them, let me know. Based on the few YouTube videos I’ve seen, I’m not so sure it can be done.

1 Like

Exactly - it would certainly depend on the Vinyl. This is 3M 1080 vinyl, which is 3.5 mils thick. I can’t say for sure if the LEDs would show through some of the darker, textured ones.

3M Di Noc is much thicker - the carbon fiber film is 8 mils, and some get to be as thick as 15 mils. Material that thick can be difficult to work with on complex corners.

1 Like

There is a way to take them apart but I don’t want you to void your warranty, so I will keep that to myself. But what you can do is Trace a template out and cut the vinyl exact and then you just need to align it properly.

I wonder how thick it is once it’s contracted

Need I say any more or anything else!!

2 Likes