[Deal Expired] 30% off Eufy 2k Doorbell

Coupon does not work :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

This deal promotion has expired on June 15th.

1 Like

I was 2 days to late :pensive:

1 Like

Based on everything I’ve seen (demos and FCC docs) it doesn’t have true night vision, simply enhanced low light performance. True night vision used an IR camera so you can see even in pitch dark. This unit doesn’t have that.

I stand corrected. Turns out there is an IR ring around the camera module (which is why I didn’t notice it in the internal photos) and it is set to “off” by default which is why it wasn’t functioning in the demo. Egg on my face.

I think the contrasting colors would look nice but would stand up more and draw your eye to the cam.

On the other hand people would be more likely to look directly into the cam which is good.

Human recognition IS NOT facial recognition. Cool it can tell a human from a dog but who is that human? Nest Hello recognizes exactly who it is, and announces them by name.

Based on the demos I’ve seen and the FCC files, the “night vision” is nothing more then enhanced low light performance. True night vision uses an IR array and camera so you can see clearly from sunset to pitch black midnight.

I stand corrected. Turns out there is an IR ring around the camera module (which is why I didn’t notice it in the internal photos) and it is set to “off” by default which is why it wasn’t functioning in the demo. Egg on my face.

So I reiterate. This doesn’t have facial recognition or night vision.

1 Like

Actually it does have night vision
 not Facial recognition though

1 Like