Cracked my Anker PowerCore 20000 mah

hi everyone, i just dropped my month old anker powercore 20000 mah power bank and it has a giant crack from where i could see the battery inside. is it safe to use? i doubt it isnt though, and is how’s the warranty policy on anker for this? I cant afford to buy another powerbank at the moment

1 Like

Sorry that happened. You can use epoxy glue to seal it. Accidental drop is not a warranty issue. Speaking from experience :-/ For the first few uses after that, monitor the battery to see if it overheats or if you smell anything funny.

3 Likes

I have had my batterypack drop down a flight of stairs, and while it was cracked, it still functioned as it should. As long as no internal damage was done, you should be fine. But as @iroast mentioned, just monitor your use for the first few times using it.
To seal the crack, you can get some JB plastiweld and seal the crack.

4 Likes

Glue it or tape it. :smiley:

As it is working fine, there is no damage of the interior components,
so you may use it without restrictions.

Post a few pics of the damage so we can better recommend fixes. The 18650 lithium ion batteries are relatively resilient to drops Lithium Polymer or lipo batteries are the ones that catch fire when punctured.
What height did you accidentally drop it from?

2 Likes

It’s time to get a battery case to protect it…:joy:

2 Likes

If the cells themselves are undamaged all is fine.
Don’t mess with damaged cells. They can leak, or explode.

Not saying such things happen once a week…

2 Likes

I managed to snap it back on, where beforehand i could literally see the battery inside. will this suffice or i still need to glue it? i think i dropped it around 8 feet since im on the top end of a bunk bed

1 Like

Tape it, think this will do it. :slight_smile:

Yup, a bit of electrical tape would be good here, and add a bit of cushion if wrapped a few times

Like @Big_arcane mentioned you only have to worry if the cells are damaged. As for tape I would get some hockey stick wrap there does not seem to be any exposed wire or connections, electrical tape and duct tape both get messy after a while.

I agree with others here. A bit of tape should suffice. I would be weary of using glue.

1 Like

agree with elmo, electrical tape. just wrap it around a few times. don’t want any debris getting in the crack

1 Like

Okay. Thank you everyone for your advice and insights regarding this issue. You’ve all been a big help!

Feel free to visit us again.
You see you’re always welcome.
“You never stay alone” :grin:

Minor damage. No probs.
You have the power! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

seal it up so nothing gets in there. As the other mentions if it doesn’t have internal damage then you should be fine.