one of you need to change avatar.

VMee

2 Likes

shushhh .make me. i’m not changing my avatar… you guys change urs …lmao

I wonder who will give in and change their avatar lol

3 Likes

Really hope everyone stays safe

2 Likes

At present, there is no confirmed case in our company, but all employees have stayed at home for more than 20 days.

Next Monday, we will go back to the office. Hope everything will be fine.:heart:

6 Likes

Glad everybody is not sick as that seem to be pretty nasty at the moment. Stay safe. I figured that you had been back for a week as I thought Soundcore has had some communication with us since last week thus figuring Anker was back as well

Hope for the best, all stay safe… :+1:

There may well be a scientific paper in here where the reduced deaths due to better city air quality from people staying home exceeds the deaths from the virus.

1 Like

Yes, we are working at home. Lol

1 Like

Some times it’s better to work from home than travel and work at office to get sick.

Why not work from home normally and so cause less congestion for better cities? Why use a virus as a reason? Get to know your neighbours.

I wish but not possible for many cases. I can never get a work from home job in my line.

Working from home is my dream. Lol

1 Like

In my last 30 years of working, I worked from home for half of it. Initially the limiting factor was technology, we needed fax machines and multiple phone lines. Now it’s a laptop and a phone.

I think there are jobs you have to be in a place of work, but there also are jobs you don’t and it’s bosses lack of confidence in their workforce, a doubt, a wish to control and monitor, is unreasonable cause of many woes. Traffic, air quality, illness, happiness, all improved if you remove the commute.

I suggest it is voluntary. You rent office space to fit your observable needs and let people decide, and address productivity concerns with performance monitoring.

Those who have to, or want to, commute then don’t compete for roads, trains, with those who don’t need and don’t want to commute.

Hopefully those bosses with a control weakness, will be discovered and removed, or learn, via the long enough period of working from home, without observable productivity drop, will make a nudge to more work from home.

3 Likes

Hey Steven, do you heard us!:joy:

1 Like

You mean the CEO? Mr Yang.

I heard that the Coronavirus isn’t that horrible.
“Only” 2% of all infected people die, whereas 40% of all ebola infected people die.

1 Like

It is lower than 2%, more like 1% or possibly less. It depends how under-reported are infections. It is hard to not being noticed as a dead person but if an ill person declared themselves ill and was ordered to stay home self isolation for 2 weeks, it gives them a reason to think its just a cold. As such those infected is probably 2x - 10x of reported, so divide the deaths by that ratio.

The issue is that seasonal flu is in developed countries is a well known virus and seasonal flu vaccines successfully protect the known weakest population groups (older people mostly) so seasonal flu mortality is a lot less than 1%. This virus is new and no vaccine so the number of people in hospital will be higher. That swamps the medical staff and isolation capability. It’s that which is the real problem. Medical staff overwhelmed. As the cruise ship off Japan shows, you do need very good staff, training, rigour of cleanliness to not cause infections, and so if the quantity of infection goes up, it has to be managed by progressively less educated medical staff who make more mistakes. So keeping numbers down is critical.

If you can slow the infections so its manageable until summer which tends to suppress viruses (people less squished indoors so much, and UV sunshine kills it on surfaces faster) then you can probably be seeing a vaccine for vulnerable groups before next winter.

Most people reading this won’t be in the vulnerable group, will probably be exposed to it in next months, and be ill for a couple of weeks and recover. Some of them may even be known about!

2 Likes