Connecting soundcore speakers

Can I connect a soundcore rave to a soundcore rave mini speaker

If both have the party cast function it should be possible.
But check this out.

There’s two technologies Soundcore have used. They have TWS where two identical speakers can pair, or there is Partycast where any speaker regardless of type can work together.

So you must either get two identical speakers supporting TWS, or speakers with Partycast. No other combination.

The Rave Mini supports TWS, the Rave doesn’t support anything. So the Rave can’t connect with anything, the Rave Mini can connect to another Rave Mini within the caveat it has to be identical and another bought at a different time may not work together as there’s often undocumented differences.

Joke: Soundcore will stop selling everything but Partycast speakers and all speakers will be Partycast, and they pair by using the app easily. Partycast allows each speaker to be left or right or mono.

Yeah, as if. No there’s everything they ever made for sale and they have in effect random capabilities due to poor documentation. Coming soon there’s a different Rave Mini series and a different Motion+ and lots of “fun” helping each other through the undocumented chaos.

1 Like

I look forward to someone adding partycast type of functionality to the standard bluetooth spec, and then we can do different manufacturers. And a smart device at the core could just connect to all the others over bluetooth…

Retiring old products is definitely a thing that seems hard to do around here.

It’s in Bluetooth 5.2, the chipsets existing now for Soundcore to use but there’s so few phones supporting it would be a little silly to do it early.

I’d rather they prune what they sell to make it simpler for the consumer as here in the community we’re often first to attempt to help.

2 Likes

images

We the “little helpers” here have often no chance to help.
We never get our hands on those items customers ask about.
Those are donated to “unpackers” creating useless videos.

But we do our best!
You see what happened to our @professor :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t realize this. I purchased two Select 2 and a Rave Party cast today. My thought was that I could use the Rave Partycast as the outdoor speaker with big bass and use the two Select 2 speaters inside for the party inside. To the consumer, this should be no problem, considering the boxes ALL SAY PARTYCAST. Come to find out they don’t all pair together and I ended up not using the Rave Party cast whatsoever. I’m taking all 3 back tomorrow. I own 2 soundcore icons and now I remember why I said I would never buy again… I guess I forgot. Also, the Soundcore app doesn’t let you look at each Select2 speaker individually… when you add, you have no idea which one you’re looking at in the app as they both show up as 1 individual speaker. Once again, I’m not impressed with Soundcore. I do not believe I will be purchasing their products in the future.

Although partycast should be easier to link together but I have found that it is a bit harder. ( I have 2 soundcore 3 and 2 flares and a mini 3) I have got it to work a time or so but it does take a few tries to get it just right.

My big question down the line will be is 1. as new BT version comes out will there need to be a priority on which to pair first and as how that will affect when partycast 2.0 comes out…

You can connect them. Connect the Rave first or Select 2 first can’t remember which. Do some more searches like I think someone managed to get Rave and something else working together.

Agree it’s fiddly.

I don’t fully agree it’s you that need to avoid Soundcore, I think you need to learn complex things tend to not work reliably so always in all tech decisions regardless of brand err on the simpler side.

Actually, you can pair all of those speakers together. Connect the rave party cast to your phone, and then press and hold its partycast button. Next, go over to one of the select 2 speakers and turn it on. Press and hold its Bluetooth button for a couple of seconds, and then press it twice, but do not just do it quickly. Instead, deliberately press the Bluetooth button twice, making sure that they’re is approximately 1/4 of a second between each press. Do the exact same thing on the other speaker.