Cheapest fast charger for Samsung Galaxy

Hi all,

I lost my fast charger for my Galaxy S8 and I was wondering what would be the cheapest option to fast charge my Samsung Galaxy S8. Since it’s not a new phone I don’t want to spend a lot of money on it, but I do want it to fast charge. Anker is one of my favorite’s brands, also.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @rtena, PowerCore II 10000 would be my recommendation!

Have a S9 plus! It’s awesome :relieved::sunglasses::smile:

I think was meaning wall charger not portable charger?

Your answer is currently correctly the cheapest Quick charge portable charger.

For charger, well the absolute lowest cost I could find is

Link

3 Likes

Ah, yes, you are probably right.

… and Anker had tried that little bit harder, the Fusion 10000 instead of 15W 5V 3A could have been IQ2 one port 18W 9V 2A and one C 5V 3A and just shared the power budget out so if used both they’d end up around 5V 1.8A. You then have had a Quickcharge Fusion. So near and yet so far.

1 Like

it’s not Anker, but I love this company… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F3V4M1W/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1 I am pretty sure the S9 has a C input

We are not the only ones that feel Anker could have done better with the Fusion.

Have you seen the reviews on Amazon?

Yea the S9+ kicks ass :sunglasses:

Seems like a solid product and the reviews don’t seem bad. I’d get it if I needed a charger

1 Like

Nekteck is a Super underrated company. I have some of their products and they are very close to Anker quality! Their magnetic mounts are the strongest I have ever used! They used to do weekly giveaways on FB, but paused that in order to change the platform and setup, I am thinking it’ll be more like this.

BTW…I have noticed lower level users posting questions such as this and then NEVER responding or viewing the responses. It seems like we have a problem if that is the case. We are going to have a bunch of what seem legit posts asking questions, and of course we are going to respond, but in the end it turns out they just wanted some PowerDraw points…I really hope not

3 Likes

I bought one of their car chargers and I can say it always worked great and never gave me any issues. My friend liked it so I ended up letting her keep it

1 Like

No not looked. Some of them are unfair as it’s blatantly obviously huge, you don’t have to buy it to just see from the specs… What’s the point of a community if people don’t discuss here first and then buy in full knowledge?

Personally I’d prefer if anker shrunk the 5000 as that’s the upper limit of these merged products, 5000 is about right for a phone recharge and everything bigger is really best done by separate charger and Powercore. But I’m OK with people disagree so long as they know what they want.

1 Like

So you mean battery or a wall charger?

Since the S8 tests out almost the same through PD and QC ports when compared to the stock OEM charger, I would say anything really works for you to replace, though I would look more towards a PD charger than QC as it should get you more mileage in the coming years.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I meant wall charger.

Thank you all! It does make a good point mentioning the PD instead of usual USB-A. I’ll take that into consideration. Thanks for your responses!.

2 Likes