CES 2018: What Was Announced!

No the 2 port with 1 type C and 1 type A.

So it really is a HDMI port in the PowerPort Sync! Any idea why?

Hub dongle. So for laptops which have just USB-C output, this gives you TypeA and other ports missing from USB-C PD laptops. If it has HDMI on the dongle then you can project laptop screen to LCD / projector.

3 Likes

Oh, I see. So itā€™s a mix of PowerPort and adaptor. Interesting concept.

1 Like

All these look great too. The finish looks premium. Especially the car mounts and the dual wireless charger.

Canā€™t wait to upgrade my phone

Wow, lots of Anker goodies coming.

Still no Fusion update :frowning:

Hopefully anker can give more info and release info @ankerofficial

Either it isnā€™t or its too boring for CES booth real estate.

I see the USB-PD and IQ2 Powerport 2 here

2 Likes

Maybe the PowerPort 2 can do 60W through one or 30W through both (?)

I am concerned a 100W wallplug will fall out the socket. It isnā€™t an issue now with say the Powerport4 (4 IQ ports) but it becomes an issue at say the Fusion. The current 60W desktop charger shows how you have to pivot to desktop chargers currently around the 40W level. I very skeptical you can jump from a 40W limit of wall charger to 100W wall charger just with optimization.

Or in different words - I predict an Anker failure.

60W - 2 ports is not enough, because Iā€™d be recharging tablet/laptop , phone, buds, and a Powercore so thatā€™s 4 ports. Say the laptop was low enough to not in the 85% trickle charge phase and so 45W, and say my phone was 10W, and then a Powerport USB-PD ~30W ingest and a Sounbud. You can see how it gets to about 100W but not all the time because as they approach 85% they need less power.

100W in a desktop charger makes sense. 60W makes more sense in a Wall charger.

1 Like

Now that I look at the video again, it doesnā€™t look like the 100W has a wall plug (whereas it does with the 60) but I canā€™t tell for sure.

My mistake. You can see it picked up and no sign of the square rear corners of a wall charger

However, from a community perspective I am annoyed that someone at CES can walk up and see specs size, all the sides, if it is a wall or desk charger, and basically know more than we do in the community.

This is disrespect for this community.

I get that Anker has to keep secrets, but once someone can see it at CES then its no longer a secret and Anker should state more definitively here.

4 Likes

@AnkerOfficial said we would have a blog post soon. But, I Agree with you. The post should have gone out with day one of CES.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was a wall charger at first glimpse too.

Hopefully @AnkerOfficialā€™s post next week goes into some detail in terms of specs, of course along with the disclaimer that they can change up to release time.

3 Likes

What would be ideal. A product which can still yet change so we can give feedback is preferred.

They can run a poll or ask questions.

Iā€™d much rather a dialogue on future products and let this community give guidance then the product is released, than wait 6 months then it is released. I know many members here can ask, in effect, for the impossible, but filtering those to the side, there are small tuning inputs we can usefully offer.

This can then turn this community from a marketing engine into a product development advantage for Anker.

I can see the Fusion as-is so yes its not being improved.

1 Like

Looks amazing! :heart_eyes:

I must say, overall, though, that I am pleased with what I see in terms of more power delivery products. At the same time, I canā€™t envision a CES in 2018 where Anker doesnā€™t talk about power delivery.

Now just some more power banks, and hopefully we donā€™t have to wait until the second half of the year since weā€™ve been asking for a year+.

I agree the general direction is good but the specifics and timeline are vague and slow.

3 Likes

PD is great, but more community involvement would be ideal. I think it is odd that they would announce products that we had no anticipation for in any way. Everyone here are enthusiasts and are loyal to the brand. This community should know the skinny before some random on a show floor.