CES 2018: What Was Announced!

I’m looking forward to the Grand Unification Theory which merges General Relativity with Quantum Field Theory so I can make Gravitons and Anti-Gravitons so I can have a flying car and visit the nearby star for next Xmas.

In the meantime, I was thinking we’d just get all the vendors to standardize on USB-C and USB-PD so I can save the time randomly stabbing my Anker buds with the MicroB cord.

So Anker, I’m not asking for a spaceship so you think you can meet me halfway and make USB-C products like buds in 2018?

I’m with you 100%. I can’t understand, for the life of me, why the Zolo Liberty+ charging case is MicroB and not USB-C. It’s bonkers!

4 Likes

Bonkers new LC40 not USB-C.
Bonkers new Powercore not USB-C
Bonkers not yet multiport Powerport USB-C
Bonkers Slim+ not USB-C

I guess they will amaze us with the flying car they must obviously be busy inventing instead.

4 Likes

:joy: :confused: :joy: :confused:

I wish i could go there!

Remind’s me of the Martin Luther King Jr speech…‘I have a dream…’ :grin:

Fully agree though, seeing a push towards USB-C would be good as it is now almost as much of a universal standard on devices as micro USB (even Apple have finally decided to start using) but with far more benefits…

4 Likes

PREACH, MY BROTHA! :joy:

Me too :sob:

I had a busy day work-wise and had my USB-C OnePlus3T and my USB-C Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus and my Anker buds and in case any of them go flat I took a Powercore II 6700.

Sigh, pull out the Micro-B cable for the buds. Really? Where’s the handle I have to crank or the red flag?

3 Likes

Not going this year, but I will be following along on social media. Looking forward to seeing what’s exciting and new for 2018.

1 Like

I would like to see powerbanks that can charge by both lightning and micro USB. And possibly a cable with built in power bank like native union has.

1 Like

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on quantum entanglement, quantum gravity, anti matter and physics singularity. Exciting times we are living in. I have a feeling our grand kids could be vacationing some where in the Andromeda galaxy. Provided dictator Trump doesn’t blow up the world first that is😬

1 Like

Message delivered to the Roav Team :grin:

4 Likes

We will continue to optimize our products according to your valued suggestions, and there will be more and more products with USB-C, as well as new powerbanks in the near future.

@thetonyclay @nigelhealy @ndalby @ktkundy

5 Likes

Just been reading this. Seems most of the unveiling will be products we know about. Nebula, Liberty+ but there are new products (no images though) new PowerHouse, Roav Viva. Zolo Model Zero and also the birth od SOUNDCORE, Ankers new brand taking the speaker and earphone market forward.

[Anker Innovations Showcases New Brands and New Products at CES 2018] (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/anker-innovations-showcases-new-brands-and-new-products-at-ces-2018-300578776.html)

1 Like

6 Likes

haha was just going to find them :ok_hand:

The Powerhouse is different in ways which will be more attractive to some, less attractive to others. It now has PD input and output so that would help with PD laptops which should be more efficient than the AC outlet. They halved its capacity from 434Wh to 200Wh.

I’m not sure why anyone would want this than carry one or two 26800 PD.

Very similar info

2 Likes

I’m not crazy about them halving the capacity, but adding PD is a great addition. I’m also very interested in the model zero from zolo. I want to hear how it sounds.

Also, with Anker launching a new audio brand, how will they be able to differentiate this from zolo so as not to muddy the market with obscurity?