Capsule II Has Arrived!

Hi Anker Fans,

Finally, the Capsule II Kickstarter has now begun!

Adrenaline is running high in the office so I’ve been locked in a quiet room with some incense and waterfall sounds to calm my nerves. It’s my responsibility to tell you why we’re all so excited about this all-new pocket cinema.

Firstly, it improves on our first Capsule in almost every way:

• 720p HD Picture
  • 100% Brighter
  • Bigger, Better Sound
  • Android TV 9.0
  • 3,600 Native Apps
  • 1-Second Autofocus
  • Universal Connectivity
  • USB-C Power Delivery

And on top of the huge early-bird discounts (up to $250 off), we’re offering $100 rebates for everyone who backed or bought the first generation Capsule. If you’re fast, you could get Capsule II for as little as $250!

Head over to our Kickstarter page now and snag one of the early-bird discounts before they’re all gone.

So, before I go back and join the team, will you guys be getting Capsule II? What will you be watching, and where?

Have a good weekend guys!

8 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

2 Likes

The Capsule II checks all the boxes:

• Better resolution
  • Better brightness
  • USB-C charging

But, best of all, Android TV! I’m sure not alone in the frustration of having a great projector like the Mars II and not being able to control it completely with the included remote, or not having HD in the Netflix app. I believe changing the regular Android for Android TV will check all the boxes in the system as well!

Now, tell me, @AnkerOfficial, is there any chance the Mars II system will be upgraded to Android TV? As a product launched only a few months ago, I think it deserves the upgrade!

6 Likes

I wish I could afford to get the Nebula, but my wife wont let me spend the money. Plus, we have the Mars II which has a longer battery life so this would be much use to us right now. But good deal for those who do not have a projector

2 Likes

Same here. We are actually focusing on saving money for a home right now, so no extra expenses at this time.

I’m most excited about type c charging think Anker finally got the hint.

3 Likes

My tv just took a dump, so it would either be buy one of these or a whole tv (cant afford either at this moment but thats another matter). One of these would be awesome right about now to bridge me over to being able to get a new tv, but I may have to wait some time before picking one up.

Oh and a 14 month old without cartoons when he wakes up is surprisingly scary haha…

2 Likes

While I truly believe the Capsule II to be an awesome product all around, I would advise not to think of it as a TV replacement. For one, you most likely won’t be able to see much on a bright environment, even with double the brightness from the previous model. Assuming the Capsule II - or any other portable projector for that matter - can replace a TV is a recipe for disappointment.

That said, if you are looking into an easy-peasy way to have a theater-like experience in your house in a dark environment, you’ll probably be satisfied with the Capsule II!

2 Likes

It has not arrived, it will arrive in 7 months time.

And the biggest discount brought it down to $349 (all gone) which is a ridiculous high price for what you get. So I wlll not prevent others from getting the benefit of this, via not buying.

Fully agree, for the brightness and resolution you can do a lot better for $349 ($369 now). You’d need to be willing to a pay a premium for pocketability above buying a flat-screen monitor and a Chromecast. Most of my tablets, Chromebook now do HDMI output and most places I go to take HDMI input so I got pocketability already (kind of).

2 Likes

Only 720p though. The Kickstarter video definitely makes it seem like a higher resolution.

Wow, this is awesome, thanks Anker!

Looks amazing! Would be so useful.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.