Can roav viva n roav bolt co-exist n connected to the same phone to my car? I like alexa n google to be around :)

If i already have roav viva connected to my phone. Can i still get roav bolt to be connected too with the same phone?

1 Like

Technically you could, but depends on your phone.

2 Likes

try it and let us know

1 Like

Both will work. iPhone connects to Car Audio via Bluetooth. iPhone connects to Roav Viva/ Viva Pro / Bolt via Bluetooth. All these are independent connections.

Each smart assistant is summoned by uttering “Alexa” or “Ok Google”

So these will work if you have these connected in the car at the same time, to the same smart phone (iPhone should work, cannot comment on Android)

However most / majority cars have only 1 12W charger port on the Car Front Dashboard so either Bolt or Viva can connect for proper voice pickup by the device.

There will be one more in the rear ( I have it one in front and 1 in rear)

So I can visualize the setup this way – Bolt in the front port, Viva in the rear port.

Car Driver in the front uses Bolt, Passenger in the rear uses Alexa. Both connected to same phone or different phones.

1 Like

They might not own both yet… do you?

Gonna be completely honest, I can’t recommend the bolt if you have an iPhone. I don’t know about android…

not both just Bolt

You got a good note there mate! Not much luggage… just straight to the point comparison.

latest review on roav bolt on youtube yesterday. its an unfinished product i feel. sad

That was sort of expected, will need a lot from Google and Roav (Anker) to gain consumer confidence after all these issues.

I would say, Roav implement a Bolt V2, with full software app control like they did with Viva / Viva Pro. Hate to say it, i dont like Alexa, but with Bolt side-by-side, Viva & Alexa performs much much better

1 Like

Did you test this already or were you asking more of a question for general understanding.

For me, Not yet gotten or tried a bolt personally yet. :sweat_smile:

Jbl link drive suppose to be released this spring. Still no sign of it.

However i prefer the smaller form factor compared to jbl.

Currently in u long press your cars speaker button on the steering wheel, you might get google assistant from your mobile. For me i can, so no rush for bolt or drive yet. :sweat_smile:

Good decision!

1 Like