Buying Guide: Anker Car Chargers!

Hi! If you’re looking into purchasing one of Anker’s car chargers, but aren’t sure which one would be the best for charging your devices, hopefully this guide will help you out.

The most important factor that goes into which charger you should get is what devices you plan on charging.
-iPhones/iPads, Quick Charge compatible devices (most Android phones), or USB-C devices?

If iPhone/iPad only, then you might want to consider this car charger. It has a Lightning cable built in! Note: this is also compatible with Android phones. It just may not charge as fast. In fact, there is a version of this car charger that has a microUSB cable built in.

If a QC enabled device, then you might want to consider this one. Note: this is also compatible with iPhones/iPads, however it is not the #1 recommendation if you don’t plan on charging anything but Anker products.

If USB-C device, this one is your best option (4 ports total, only 1 USB-C). Of course, you could just use a USB-A to USB-C cable, otherwise.

Here are a couple of great, cheaper alternatives!
-$13.99
-$10.99 (only one port)

Another interesting product is the PowerCore Turbo. It is a portable charger that is meant to stay in your car. Mod test.

I will keep the information in this post updated as new products become available.

I hope this information helped you decide on which car charger you should buy! Let me know if you have any questions!

Please check out my other buying guide for wall/desktop chargers!

9 Likes

Another great post. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good post for those mulling over which to choose :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Sweet. I got the powerdrive 2 recently for my car.

2 Likes

Thanks for contributing good content to the community!:thumbsup:

4 Likes

great post!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, if you’re looking into purchasing one of Anker’s car chargers, but aren’t sure which one would be the best for charging your devices, hopefully this guide will be able to help you out.

The most important factor that goes into which charger you should get is what devices you plan on charging.-iPhones/iPads, Quick Charge compatible devices (most Android phones), or USB-C devices?

If iPhone/iPad only, then you might want to consider this car charger. It has a Lightning cable built in! Note: this is also compatible with Android phones. It just may not charge as fast. In fact, there is a version of this car charger that has a microUSB cable built in.

If a QC enabled device, then you might want to consider this one. Note: this is also compatible with iPhones/iPads, however it is not the #1 recommendation if you don’t plan on charging anything but Apple products.

If USB-C device, then this one is your best option (4 ports total, only 1 USB-C, not PD). Of course, you could just use a USB-A to USB-C cable, otherwise. If you are truly in the market for a USB-C car charger, I would recommend waiting it out, as Anker is surely working on some with power delivery. They are already late to the game!

Here are a couple of great, cheaper alternatives!
-$11.99 (not QC)
-$10.99 (QC, only one port)

I will try my best keep the information in this post updated as new products become available.

I hope this information helped you decide on which car charger you should buy! Let me know if you have any questions!

Please check out my other buying guide for wall/desktop chargers!

1 Like

I currently own a power drive 2 port 24w and couldn’t be happier.

1 Like

It looks like Amazon doesn’t sell the turbo anymore! I have the Roav FM transmitter, which has a power IQ port built in. It isn’t quite as fast as my old QC 2 charger, but it is close!

1 Like

Yes, the Turbo has been discontinued. It is not letting me update the original post anymore, but here is the updated version: Buying Guide: Anker Car Chargers!

Are you getting any errors when trying to update? It’s allowing me to edit the post if you need a change making…

There is simply not an option.

It is past time I think.

I’ve got one of them. Awesome little thing. Recently won the PowerDrive Elite 2 on the PowerDraw too and that’s really good also :grin:

I am waiting for the Roav FM Transmitter to Hit the UK. @AnkerOfficial said November and that’s tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

Great post @joshuad11 I love my PowerDrive2 & PowerDrive 2 Elite

I’m also waiting for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice post! I have never seen that bottom charger before. O.o

I definitely read you saying you “lost” them and I was busy trying to figure out how you could possibly lose not one but two of those. Thanks Dyslexia! XD