Blue Light Anker Powerwave 7.5 Pad

Yeah I didn’t realize I responded to the question from a year ago lol Need to get my eyesight checked haha!

No thick case or metal. I even took the phone out of my apple leather case and still no luck.
Even w/o the phone, the charging is blinking blue.

Even w/o the phone on the charger, the blue light just blinks.

what power adapter / charger are you connecting to this Wireless charging pad? is it delivering sufficient charge for wireless charging?

Make sure the charger connected to wireless charging pad provides at least 5V/2A or 9V-2A, this is needed for Standard charge mode and is advised to use the cable provided with the charger.

If the above does not help, Try changing the cable, power charger or both, and let us know.

Also Make sure to align the phone on the charger

alls well, … things happen, thanks for the reminder i too need a eye check :eyeglasses:

To Shenoy’s point, remember the standard “white cube” from Apple do not work with these.

exactly :+1: the iPhone white cubes provide only 5V/1A :frowning: … need more than that for charging

Thanks Shenoy.

I’m using the cable that came w/ the Anker wireless charging pad. This is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Still no luck. Maybe I got a lemon?

what charger are you using? is it something like below?

I believe that particular charger requires at least a quick charge 2.0 QC2.0-QC 3.0 charger to properly power the wireless pad and that it is blinking because that is trying to tell you that is not receiving adequate power.

If you don’t have a quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 charger this one works flawlessly with my Anker wireless 10 watt chargers.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerPort-Compatible-Qualcomm-Certified/dp/B077HFFLMS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=anker+qc+3.0+wall+charger&qid=1596392517&sprefix=anker+qc+3.0&sr=8-3

Standard mode works with 5V/2A … any charger providing a minimum of 5V/2A should work, with wireless charging pad providing 5W wireless charging

Quick Charge is not mandatory for wireless charging to work

I don’t believe that is true. I believe some of the ankers wireless chargers require quick charge 2.0-3.0 even to get the standard 5w slow wireless charge. Specifically their wireless stands.

I could be mistaken but I don’t think I am.

@mswanick59 what is the specific model number of your wireless charger? I’ll be happy to help you out.

Didn’t see this earlier. The wireless charger is complaining that is not getting adequate power.
I know this because the light is blinking when there is nothing on the pad.

For future reference it would be good to take a glance at the manual to see the power input requirements :grin:

this is the model, I assume it the pad on this link

I need a model number, there are too many Anker pads and they all have different power requirements.

If it is the one in the link that you shared and it does require a quick charge wall adapter for 7.5 and 10 watt charging. Although I do believe you are mostly correct that most of their wireless chargers will provide a 5-watt charge using a standard 5v 2a wall adapter but there are a handful that have very specific power requirements they will not function properly without adequate input.

Yes, I tried that charger.

I have Model: A2522.

iPhone charger will not work… Needs charger like Anker Elite II or Anker PowerPort Mini which provide a minimum of 5V/2A

Shenoy: I have Model #A2522.

check it here for charger required

What kind of AC adapter should I use with PowerWave Pad?

Your AC adapter must have a minimum output of 2A. Otherwise, your devices may not charge properly. A Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0 adapter is required to charge iPhone 8 and later at 7.5W, and to charge Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ / S9 / S8 / S8+ / S7 edge / S7 / Samsung Note 10/Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 5, LG G7 / G7+, and V30+ / V30 / V35 at 10W.

Input: 5V-2A / 9V-2A

Output: 5W / 7.5W / 10W

Compatibility:

10W Mode: (Using QC 2.0/3.0 Adapter)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 / S10 / S9+ / S9 / S8 / S8+ / S7 edge / S7 / S6 edge+
  • Samsung Note 10 / Note 9 / Note 8 / Note 7

7.5W Mode: (Using QC 2.0/3.0 Adapter)

• iPhone SE (2020) / 11/ 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / XS Max / XR / XS / X / 8 / 8 Plus

5W Mode: (Using 5V/2A Adapter)

• AirPods / AirPods Pro / Galaxy Buds / Galaxy Buds+
  • Pixel 3 / Pixel 3XL (The phone’s screen will display the message: Charging slowly)
  • All Qi-enabled phones and devices

Notes:

• iPhone 5V / 1A stock chargers and computer USB ports do not have sufficient output to power your PowerWave.
  • Place your phone on the center of the PowerWave Pad to ensure stable charging.
  • Cases made of metal and attachments such as magnets, cards, and grips will interfere with charging.
  • Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 wall adapter (9V/2A) required for fast charge mode.
  • The iPhone 6 series, iPhone 7 series, and Samsung A series do not support wireless charging.