Blue Light Anker Powerwave 7.5 Pad

This has happened multiple times when I place my phones for charging, without a case, so telling this out of my experience and I do know that metal attachments for magnetic holders or credit cards holders interfere with charging / seen the flashing lights for those.

2 Likes

There was never a consideration how interference could disturb the charging.
You are right, could be.

But there is a “real Expert” here who is more than an expert and he says NO :grin: We MUST believe him.:rofl:

You have to beleive me! I’m the expert :joy::joy::crazy_face:

1 Like

You are even better than an expert.
You are the best here. And there is only one problem Andrew, you dont know this.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Actually I am correct. It’s what the manual says :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah it takes a while to get used to “center” the device

For future visitors, I had the same issue, and it does appear linked to an alignment issue. The AirPods case has a very small size, so misalignment is a potential big issue.

When you put the case on a pad, do not center the case on the pad. Rather, it needs to be off-center a little bit. If you look at the back of the case, look where the button is. That should be used as the reference for “center”. Just make sure the button on the case would be at the center of the pad when you put it down, and you should have success.

@mjohnson
Anker should release a wireless charging pad specifically aimed at Apple customers with iPhones and airpods that has some sort of markings or outline either printed or molded into the top of the pad that easily allows for perfect alignment.

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

Just bought the Anker wireless pad - but it won’t work with my I-phone 5S. Does it only work with more recent iPhone models? Extremely disappointed

Hi TechMan: Hopefully, you can help me. I have a Anker Powerwave charger/7.5 pad. It is not charging my iPhone 8. The blue light is flashing on and off. I understand that this is supposed to indicate that some metal is detected. But there is no metal or case. Just my iPhone. What can I do?

Wireless charging didn’t start for the iPhones until iPhone 8. So it’s not the charger, but your phone that is not capable of doing it.

@chrisjwaggoner Iphone 8 is capable of wireless charging, I had it earlier.

@mswanick59 does your phone have a thick case, does the case have a hidden metal?

Yeah I didn’t realize I responded to the question from a year ago lol Need to get my eyesight checked haha!

No thick case or metal. I even took the phone out of my apple leather case and still no luck.
Even w/o the phone, the charging is blinking blue.

Even w/o the phone on the charger, the blue light just blinks.

what power adapter / charger are you connecting to this Wireless charging pad? is it delivering sufficient charge for wireless charging?

Make sure the charger connected to wireless charging pad provides at least 5V/2A or 9V-2A, this is needed for Standard charge mode and is advised to use the cable provided with the charger.

If the above does not help, Try changing the cable, power charger or both, and let us know.

Also Make sure to align the phone on the charger

alls well, … things happen, thanks for the reminder i too need a eye check :eyeglasses:

To Shenoy’s point, remember the standard “white cube” from Apple do not work with these.

exactly :+1: the iPhone white cubes provide only 5V/1A :frowning: … need more than that for charging

Thanks Shenoy.

I’m using the cable that came w/ the Anker wireless charging pad. This is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

Still no luck. Maybe I got a lemon?