Black Friday cancelled?

BBC News - Black Friday: Tech retailers fear supply chain delays will hit stock

3 Likes

Havent heard from such a cancellation here in Germany.
But our problems are others at the moment! :worried:

1 Like

More hype to encourage people to buy earlier or panic buy anything that shows a discount?

I hear there’s a shortage of sand to sell to the Arabs.

1 Like

There’s certainly a shortage of Xbox to sell to me :confounded:

1 Like

This is easily solved. All those who don’t need something don’t buy it!

Then those who do need it can get it easier.

Or, all those who care about global warming, stop buying things. Particularly anything made in a country with heavy use of coal.

So tell any kid who wants an Xbox if they want to stop global warming. Doing them a favour.

The previous generation didn’t suffer without an Xbox.

2 Likes

So true!
We had such hoops I remember.

1 Like

The Xbox is for me, big boys toy :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know. I’m just saying all the other people who want one but don’t need as much as you should sit on their money so you can benefit. Fair?

1 Like

So what do we really need?
A bed, a chair, a table and a cupboard?
And such a XBOX of course! :laughing:

1 Like

Very fair :+1:t2:
I do think its good that many retailers are limiting sales to one per customer online and instore in an effort to stop profiteers snapping up multiple units and selling a twice the price when stocks run out.
Obviously that won’t stop it completely, but will make it more difficult.

Take a look at this from 2m 30s.

@professor will be more than familiar with the sketch from The Two Ronnie’s. Two of the best comedians from the U.K.

1 Like

Here in the US the sales already started. I haven’t bought nothing yet though :rofl:

1 Like

Same here @ikari04warrior
It’s becoming a farce.
Started as a day, then a weekend, then a week and now it’s practically a month.

1 Like

Dated.

Blackberry was the corporate smartphone a decade ago. Nowhere now.

1 Like

It used to be to discount over-stock which wasn’t wanted for Thanksgiving presents. Just like Boxing Day used to be discounts for over-stock which wasn’t wanted for Xmas.

All I know is I don’t see any decent discounts from Anker. Repeats of past discounts and none that large. I remember 50% off deals a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Shame though, I loved the Blackberry Bold.

Yes @professor 100%
To be fair I’m not seeing any deals that’s making me hit the Buy button currently. And I don’t think that will change on Friday.

2 Likes

I understand what you mean, however, the marketing pig would have you believe you really really need this new xbox even though you don’t care about it. And so people go out and buy it.

I did see a good deal on a tv, it was 70inch for $400. But I don’t really need it since I already have a 55inch tv.

Having good self control with money and being a cheap ass :rofl: I end up not spending much, if any, during these “sales” lol

2 Likes