Beware of Anker Soundcore Life Q20 in Black - Horrible Customer Support

Hey, fellow community members,

I hope this post serves as a cautionary tale to those considering purchasing the Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones in black. Initially, I was thrilled with the product and wrote a glowing review on Flipkart after using it for a delightful 8 months. However, my positive experience took a sharp turn for the worse when I encountered a charging issue out of the blue.

The problem emerged suddenly, and no matter what I tried, the headphones simply wouldn’t charge anymore. With no other option but to use the aux cable, I contacted Flipkart for a warranty claim, only to be redirected to Anker due to their 18-month brand warranty. I thought this would be a simple process, but sadly, it turned into a frustrating ordeal.

After a brief interaction, Anker agreed to assess the device for faults. The verdict came in quickly, confirming the product was indeed faulty and eligible for replacement. However, that’s where the nightmare began. I was informed that only the blue version of the headphones was available for replacement, even though mine were in black. I suggested a silver version as an alternative, but to no avail. Anker claimed they didn’t have silver either, leaving me with no choice but to accept the blue variant.

The ensuing conversation dragged on for days, and it felt like I had to constantly badger them to get any response. Throughout the exchange, all they could offer were apologies, but no real resolution. “We’re deeply sorry for the inconvenience” and “thanks for understanding” became their default responses. They also proposed the option of repairing the faulty product, but they couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t encounter issues again in the future.

Needless to say, this whole experience changed my perception of Anker drastically. I used to defend the brand, praising its products and touting its multinational status in front of friends and acquaintances who weren’t familiar with Anker. Now, I feel compelled to alter my Flipkart review to warn others about their horrible customer support. Additionally, I’ve been telling everyone I know to be cautious and avoid Anker due to their lackluster service.

I had hoped for a smooth resolution, but Anker’s customer support left me deeply disappointed and frustrated. As a loyal customer, I expected better treatment and a more satisfactory resolution. I sincerely hope that Anker takes customer feedback seriously and improves their support processes in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience, and I hope it helps you make an informed decision before purchasing an Anker Soundcore Life Q20, especially in black.

Stay informed, stay vigilant!

1 Like

Out of curiousity, what country was this purchased in if you don’t mind me asking? Also did they give a reason as to why they were not able to ship out the blue headphones?

I’m always curious about these stories, because at least in the US, I’ve never encountered anything like this. Sorry to hear about your experience, that stinks :confused:

That doesn’t sound like a normal Anker experience. Sorry that this happened. I would escalate your issue to a manager. If you buy a blue one, you should get a blue replacement. There is no justifiable reason to give you something else, unless they were completely out of stock and never making that color again. I would escalate this.

1 Like