Beer, what is your favorite?

There are so many delicious beers of so many different types! Lately I’ve been drinking Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada. I really like Little Sumpin Sumpin by Lagunitas as well. I guess I’m more into IPAs but either way it’s too hard to pick a favorite!

Anyone that loves beer AND coffee should be swimming in any and all coffee beers that they can find. My favorite style to “enjoy” are imperial stouts/porters, which often times are the very beers that are released in coffee variants. If a brewer has a mainstream imperial stout/porter release, there may very well be a coffee version as well to be a special accompaniment. Whether released for distribution or only at the brewery, I’m all for the coffee based ales of this type - especially if they’re barrel aged.
Aside from the rich, velvety and complex imperial stouts/porters that I love to indulge on (half my 188 bottle wine fridge are cellared beers of that type), my everyday enjoyables are west coast style IPAs. While I can appreciate the balance in standard IPAs, I don’t really enjoy the malt forward New England style or even the latest juice craze in hazy IPAs. I like 'em piney, resinous and bitter up front with a lingering taste to stay with me after each sip. Can’t say the dryness of recent brut IPAs entices enough either - not enough to “chew” on with the texture. And oh man, when Oct/Sep rolls around and the fresh hop ales follow… so much yummm!

All that said, I’ll suggest a few favorites based on style…

Imperial Stouts/Porters: Bottle Logic - Anaheim, CA
IPAs: Beachwood Brewing - Long Beach, CA (favorite IPAs are LBC IPA and Amalgamator)
Best straightforward porter: Black Butte Porter c/o Deschutes Brewery
Benchmark Pale Ale: Mirror Pond c/o Deschutes Brewery (sorry Sierra Nevada!)
Favorite spiced stout: Mexican Cake c/o Westbrook Brewing

Happy hunting (new styles/varieties) and cheers!

1 Like

I havny drank in almost 3 years, but I drank on the 4th of July and I’m having a drink tonight. My drink of choice is Stella Artois

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:. Keep up the good work! Drinking too much is bad, but small quantities is fine :+1:

Not sure if these will be a favourite but some I picked up to try (1 coffee one for the coffee lovers)

When I was working in Germany the bar that I went to did Paulaner & banana juice which was interesting

German Weißbier & Belgian triple is what you need (helps being 5 hours away from Bruges (I’m in the UK))

UK available beers I’d say boddingtons, estrella, staropremen

Zipline IPA. Brewed in Lincoln, NE.

Meanwhile I created my own stuff with GIMP. :rofl:

If something wrong with that upload.
Sorry.
Click on the photo to take a view.