Beer, what is your favorite?

The older I get the less beer I can really drink. I also don’t like the bathroom trips. Since my early 20’s was filled with Miller Lite, Natural Light and the like. Once I got some money, I really liked craft beer. Crazy breweries have since passed up producing some really good beer. I have been enjoying some good bourbon and red wine. But I do still have a few beers every now and again.

I really enjoyed the Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts this year. Specifically the Midnight Orange Stout

Founder’s makes some really good bourbon aged brews. Kentucky Bourbon Stout and their Canadian Breakfast Stout.

Another craft beer phase was the NE IPA, brewed with citrus juice.

I really liked Maplewood’s Son of Juice

Gotta go to the little boys room!

2 Likes

I’m a BIG fan of beer. I live in a town with 30,000 people that has five breweries:

https://blackfootriverbrewing.com/

https://lewisandclarkbrewing.com/

http://crookedfurrowbrewing.com/

https://tenmilecreekbrewing.com/

The top one ( Blackfoot River Brewing Company) is my home brewery. That’s where I go most and where they all know my name :sunglasses: I usually go for the IPA as a standby (kind of basic, I know), and Blackfoot River Brewing has the best one I have ever tasted. But they also have an excellent bitter, lager, and scotch ale. Not to mention the stout, but I’ve got to be in the mood for that!

Lately they’ve been adding new styles like kolsch, pilsner, gose, mexican lager, and others to the rotation. It’s nice to have something new to drink all the time, since it gets me out of my routine.

A couple of selections from our other breweries worth mentioning:

SnowHop has a Kolsch that’s to die for and a “Grodziskie” which I had never heard of before going there. They smoke the wheat before brewing so it’s got a smokey flavor. Kind of wild in a Beer, but it works.

TenMile has a lemongrass pale that’s a great summer sipper, sweet and mellow at the same time.

Crooked furrow has a maxican lager that always on tap and awesome, as well as a good IA and Munich Helles that really hit the spot.

One of the coolest things around here is that Lewis and Clark Brewing does a “neighborhood IPA” where they collect hops that people grow around town and brew it into an IPA. It’s different every year, which is a fun thing to look forward to.

Lewis and Clark also wins lots of national awards for their hefeweizen and pale ales. They actually won small brewery of the year in the US:

Just lucky to live in Helena I guess. Storngly recommend a brewerry tour of the whole state of Montana if any of you are in the area let me know! :grin::beers:

Cheers! Prost!

1 Like

I’ve cut way back, but in San Diego we have about 140 breweries. Some of my favorite beers are:

1 Like

I don’t drink, haven’t had a drink going in 3 years now. But when I did drink I loved Guinness

2 Likes

While I was in New Orleans this was my favorite beer. BUT the hangover is one of the worst ever! Andy Gator is the type of beer that would shank you in the liver a couple of times and smack you in the head. Pairs very well with some dirty rice, etouffe, or jambalaya. It is totally worth it though.

1 Like

Usually stick to the generic lagers (Budweiser, Coor’s or Carling) but often bought Anchor Steam when Tesco UK used to stock it (other UK prices were nuts)…

German good ol’ Paulaner!

Really, rtena ? But what kind ? They make a good Weißbier. And also a nice dark beer , so which is your favourite ?

I always liked the Paulaner Weissbeir. Then my favorite Weiss changed to Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse.

1 Like

Very good choice - Franziskaner is also my favourite. I like especially the dark one !
Do you know the bavarian “Russn-Maß” ? This is one liter, consisting of half (liter) Weißbier and half (liter) lemonade - the white one (something like sprite) . A very refreshing drink - especially when it is hot.

Damn, you just reminded me of it and now I want one!

matters on the mood for me… from craft beer to regular type ipa / ale … as i get older the more i love ale it seems like … the flavor is so rich … any suggestions from anyone for new experience?

1 Like

Make a trip to Germany. And then go to the area called Franken. There you can walk from one brewery to the next. Sounds a bit extreme - but it is true. O.k., you should be a good walker - but it is possible !

2 Likes

There are so many delicious beers of so many different types! Lately I’ve been drinking Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada. I really like Little Sumpin Sumpin by Lagunitas as well. I guess I’m more into IPAs but either way it’s too hard to pick a favorite!

Anyone that loves beer AND coffee should be swimming in any and all coffee beers that they can find. My favorite style to “enjoy” are imperial stouts/porters, which often times are the very beers that are released in coffee variants. If a brewer has a mainstream imperial stout/porter release, there may very well be a coffee version as well to be a special accompaniment. Whether released for distribution or only at the brewery, I’m all for the coffee based ales of this type - especially if they’re barrel aged.
Aside from the rich, velvety and complex imperial stouts/porters that I love to indulge on (half my 188 bottle wine fridge are cellared beers of that type), my everyday enjoyables are west coast style IPAs. While I can appreciate the balance in standard IPAs, I don’t really enjoy the malt forward New England style or even the latest juice craze in hazy IPAs. I like 'em piney, resinous and bitter up front with a lingering taste to stay with me after each sip. Can’t say the dryness of recent brut IPAs entices enough either - not enough to “chew” on with the texture. And oh man, when Oct/Sep rolls around and the fresh hop ales follow… so much yummm!

All that said, I’ll suggest a few favorites based on style…

Imperial Stouts/Porters: Bottle Logic - Anaheim, CA
IPAs: Beachwood Brewing - Long Beach, CA (favorite IPAs are LBC IPA and Amalgamator)
Best straightforward porter: Black Butte Porter c/o Deschutes Brewery
Benchmark Pale Ale: Mirror Pond c/o Deschutes Brewery (sorry Sierra Nevada!)
Favorite spiced stout: Mexican Cake c/o Westbrook Brewing

Happy hunting (new styles/varieties) and cheers!

1 Like

I havny drank in almost 3 years, but I drank on the 4th of July and I’m having a drink tonight. My drink of choice is Stella Artois

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:. Keep up the good work! Drinking too much is bad, but small quantities is fine :+1:

Not sure if these will be a favourite but some I picked up to try (1 coffee one for the coffee lovers)

When I was working in Germany the bar that I went to did Paulaner & banana juice which was interesting

German Weißbier & Belgian triple is what you need (helps being 5 hours away from Bruges (I’m in the UK))

UK available beers I’d say boddingtons, estrella, staropremen

Zipline IPA. Brewed in Lincoln, NE.

Meanwhile I created my own stuff with GIMP. :rofl:

If something wrong with that upload.
Sorry.
Click on the photo to take a view.