Be a Star! | Looking for Star Contributors

Sweet! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness - this is such a great idea! There are so many awesome community members here! This would be a dream for me! One thing that would help Anker out is the expansion into other social media platforms… most of my posts go right to instagram … a picture is worth a thousand words… and no character counts help too! :wink:

Given Anker said:

That would imply one would have to do audio, one home automation, one power. The audio star would have to be really into music and have ears to detect the difference, the home automation would need a big enough home to warrant many devices, and the power one would need to be lots of phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

I am not sure one person can be so deeply into one of them they’d be able to consume all of Anker’s relevant output.

3 Likes

My home is only 399 sq ft but all this tech surrounding my home, you’d think it was the Burj Khalifa or fort knox. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’m running so many smart devices I had to bump from 150mps to 250mps. Lutron bridge, Samsung SmartThings, Kēvo plus, zwave switches for my ADT alarm, hkvision nvr 7 camera system ruckus WiFi extender plus 12 port ruckus switch. It’s insane I’m still debating installing the harmony hub for my television. I have 2 echo dots, one show and one sonos one play

1 Like

@cava3395 @namroc22 I think you wrote your qualifications. Good luck

I’d happily see either of you become a Star contributor, but then I’d also beat your arses to fulfill the role too :blush:

5 Likes

I’m not qualified, just dedicated. :wink:

2 Likes

I know this is off topic but is it only me that the best actors to ever play James Bond was Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan

I think playing James Bond goes beyond the actor. They’ve all been fantastic. Love a good bond film :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I like Goldfinger with Gerd Fröbe and his accent.

Wrong!

lol

Roger Moore was the best, but I also thing Daniel Craig is doing great at the new style of bond.

I have lived bond films since I was a kid n saw, The Spy Who Loved Me. Plus if course the underwater car. I had a toy version of that car.

1 Like

Besides Connery brosnan and Craig that was my generation

I had not thought about my best Bond actor til it was asked, and I agree with you, Bond is a theme not an actor. I can think of bad moment of any of the actors. Lazenby included.

1 Like

I’d like to help out in whatever capacity. Here’s a little background.

1. Since 2012, I purchased 50+ Anker products from Amazon, plus more from Anker on Ebay.
  2. I’ve written 92 reviews (798 helpful votes) on Amazon, including 6 reviews for Anker products.
  3. I’ve been a moderator at DVD Talk Forum since 1999 (over 90,000 members, over 9 million posts).
  4. I worked as a software PM for 6 years. I managed FindChips; created and ran Hackaday Store.
  5. My friends/followers often ask me if I work at Anker since I promote it a lot.

Anyway, I’m not sure if I will have time to do 2-3 new topics every week. But if you would like an additional moderator, or if you want a special contributor to do long term studies, then I would love to help out.

2 Likes

Tons of qualified candidates, I think whoever gets this will be an extremely valuable addition to the community.

2 Likes

There is a risk that the 3 new Star Contributors posts will devalue.

Following the requests on the role would leade to 6-9 new posts a week on topics etc and might begin to feel forced rather than genuine (if you catch my drift)

I know whoever is chosen will be very proud of the role and do a good job, I just hope Anker can give them enough new and exciting info to promote and discuss.

8 Likes

Good Idea :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Agreed, though I would like to see what Dalton could have done if he’d managed to get another turn after License To Kill, his version of Bond was in many ways the building blocks for the Craig version now, more brutal and edgier…closer to what you would imagine an agent being…

2 Likes

I’ve been a keen follower of Anker over a number of years and have both purchased various Anker product lines and have participated in the power user programme providing honest, clear and informative reviews through twitter, Facebook and amazon.

I am an IT professional and have a wide interest in consumer products and technology in general. I feel I could provide interesting and valuable treads / topics to the Anker forums and community.

2 Likes

This is a great opportunity!:sparkles:

3 Likes