Be a Star! | Looking for Star Contributors

Great idea Anker, this is an excellent program.
I would love to sign up as a Star Contributor. I have posted several reviews on Amazon.com in the past, most including pictures, and some with video as well. I would love to continue doing so on the community page.
Long time Anker user, but lately I have bought a Eufy Genie as well, but haven’t really used any of the sister brands (ROAV, Nebula etc) and would the opportunity to do so.
I hope I get considered for the role.

1 Like

I’m surprised by the lack of interest in this, I know the duties will be challenging but the perks are great. Maybe I just expected everyone to jump at the opportunity, or everyone is waiting til last day to get their names in the hat.

1 Like

I just bought the eufy RoboVac 11c pet edition. This is my first technically smart appliance. I am not very tech savvy so being a beginner perhaps I can assist others who are like me and somewhat uneasy about such wonderful inventions. I am an older lady who is moving into the 21st century kicking and screaming, but also realizing how convenient many of these household items improve efficiency and allow me to focus on other important chores.
My dog is hysterical trying to herd the vacuum and video is really cute.

2 Likes

A lot of folk on here have full time jobs, families and other interests that take up time. What @AnkerOfficial is looking for is someone who has lots of time to contribute to them, without actually paying them (This is not a negative, the perks are good for that you are asked to do)

2 Likes

Agreed.

But this is Anker’s problem not ours.

2 Likes

Just a few more days until deadline + decision:)

3 Likes

Today I discovered the Nebula Capsule on Amazon and have spent the past hour looking through the portfolio of products. The timing of this discovery is perfect. I have been gathering sponsors to distribute through the Culture Hustlers podcast, which I produce, and use Amazon affiliate links on my website for an audience of millions of entrepreneurs, moonlighters, hobbyists, and students around the world. Guests on the podcast include internationally known artists, community leaders, and business owners, including a Project Runway winner and much more!

The design, functionality, and innovation of Anker’s products make them perfect to feature on our social media campaign as the studio (A recently restored '57 Shasta) will be traveling 10,000 miles, in a roundabout journey from Miami to Seattle this year, stopping at scheduled locations around the country. Partner with us and we will create audio, visual and written content for Anker products on display through multimedia retail channels. I am also a Masters Student in IT and have excellent product demonstration experience.

1 Like

I have a lot of time, but I’m not really up to date to do that job, regarding the knowledge. And I mentioned here before: I am a star.
If I would get that job I would become a Superstar. And this is really too much for a fellow in my age!:smile:

3 Likes

Thought i was too late for this, but what the heck, i’ll toss my hat in the ring. Being in electronics I can say it consumes much of my life. With that, I am beyond hard on my stuff and am always looking for new things to replace my older gear. The problem is always taking a risk on something new. A star contributor would give me the chance to try new stuff, while also being able to review it and also offer insight into the realm I love working in. Its a win win. Good luck to any all who enter and grats to the winners.

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1 Like

As an instructional technologist with video making skills, I think I’d make an excellent star contributor! Thanks for the compliment @nigelhealy !

1 Like

I find your input to be a high quality to quantity ratio. Anker made their 3 member decision last week.

I am not happy personally with what Anker has chosen to do with the Star Contributor idea. I think it creates an artificial barrier which fights the idea of a community. The 3 chosen are excellent members but I can see many others who, such as you, make also good contribution. So Anker can go either direction, add more star contributors which then will always have someone not in, or cancel the whole idea. 3 is a small number given a broad community.

I enjoy the diversity, and so an artificial elevation fights that diversity.

However, this is in total not that important so chillin’ and wait to see how it works out.

3 Likes

I see no reason as to why they couldn’t increase the number of contributors in the future - thus creating more content for the forum. The question would then become with the set rules / guidelines, would it lead to over saturation of posts?

Could also have it change yearly to entice new members to partake and create fresh content. While giving past members “honorary” status so that they continue to receive the perks.

2 Likes

Right now, the idea is in its test phase. The chosen contributors are still coming with grips with the task, and while the number of contributors could change, what I guess will happen is a rotation, when a contributor decides to leave the position or by a set amount of time.

3 is a small number, and there are indeed many active members who would make great contributors. I guess everyone who wants in will have the chance, either by replacing current contributors in the future of by joining the ranks as more spots become available.

As for the saturation of posts, I believe the main goal here is to increase the number of relevant posts - we all have seen the old tactic of creating a new unimportant post just to earn some PowerBucks, right? The end game here is to increase the quality of the community, and we are all learning on the go. :grin:

5 Likes

I was in the middle of switching jobs, travelling, and generally getting stuff done when they posted it, so I didn’t officially enter anyway. I’m not worried about not being a star contributor on the first round. I think it’s a decent idea (I would certainly make more content if I were part of a program), but I was a bit reticent to enter until I got my feet under me in my new situation.

I do appreciate the compliments, though. I try to only post when I have decent contributions to make rather than maxing out my threads every day (not that I have a problem with people doing that). I guess we all have our own ideas about making the community the best it can be.

I also have a backlog of video reviews to make at the moment anyway. I’m getting a little video studio set up in my house. Definitely stealing @TechnicallyWell 's bias lighting setup for future videos. :smirk:

2 Likes

There are many active members but besides there is not a lot activity in the forum.

I really appreciate that so many community members are interested in the project.

Because this is a completely new plan, we need time to make this mechanism more mature. so we control the number of the contributors.

But I believe that there will have more people join the team in the future.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

And don’t forget: Just because you might not technically be a star contributor doesn’t mean you can’t contribute like one!

4 Likes

I am still thinking this is a bad idea.

Before you came up with this idea then all members were equal and they would contribute on a function of interest and time. That interest is what lead to valuable content and honesty.

After this idea you have made 3 members artificially selected. Those 3 members I value their input. They have been exceptionally good valued community members creating high quality inputs. No issues with the 3 you choose. I have issue with the idea of a number, e.g. 3.

I do not think you should add new star contributors because at times many individuals offer smaller quantity high quality valuable content so you would always have someone left out. If you were to add 2 or 3 to make total 5 or 6, I’d always be able to think of a few more who I valued their input. Plenty of those mentioned in the nomination thread.

So the whole idea of a limited set of preferentially accessed community members always makes an artificial barrier.

I think better you drop the Star Contributors idea. I know you disagree.

If you try to make a few special you end up making everyone else not care and then

The role of a moderator is special, however, they have to invest a special focus which is an effort, and you should reward them appropriately, not for content but for effort. Gifts to their efforts I would applaud, because a moderator is a special community role deserving of special reward, but I would recommend that done quietly to the side not visible within the community.

2 Likes

I understand your concerns, but we recruit star contributors does not mean that we do not attach importance to other people’s contributions. We can still find many people like you who are helping us in managing the community. We hope that all people’s efforts will receive different forms of returns in here.:innocent:

5 Likes