Auction at Anker Community

Continuing the discussion from Power Draw This Week:

Guys, I am fairly new to the community. Have no idea about Auction that other members are talking about. I was wondering why few senior members have thousands of powerbucks, must be saving for these auctions.
Why not @AnkerOfficial update the Rules, Powerdraw page to show this information so all newbies will learn about this?

1 Like

That is just strategy and it is not required to participate in auctions. A good strategy to get a lot of power $ is by not participating in power draws or just limit yourself to one entry. Another reason for this is the fact that if you have a lot of power $, that means you’re committed to the community, which drives the commitment of more users in order to increase helpfulness and communication in general.

3 Likes

I agree, but didn’t know this until now. If I knew there is such thing, I may have my own strategy. Of course it is not required, so as powerdraws, these are perks/motivation/benefits for being active contributor and community member.
My point is, this information is missing in the community docs.

1 Like

So basically there is an item for bid. Everyone can bid on it, and whoever has the highest bid gets the item. Obviously you are bidding powerbucks. I probably won’t win will til I’m higher level and have more powerbucks

@Ice1 please don’t make a new thread for an existing topic as this is generally frowned upon and seen as a way of getting extra bucks and experience points.

@ndalby can you move and close this please buddy?

@Macgyver15: i’m definitely not trying to do that way. I’m not in a hurry, will let it happen on it’s way.
I gave it 3 attempts to reply with quote on the original thread, for some reason it always was posting as a new topic. Finally, lost patience and just added a subject to be reasonable.
You are welcome to move it back to the original post. And thanks!

1 Like

@Macgyver15 The topic was closed which is why further responses were not allowed.

@Ice1 You can find more information about the alternate auctions to We Love Testing here;

As for why many senior members have so many bucks;

• part of it is due to us generating a higher amount before the points & bucks system was restructured when @AnkerOfficial decided to introduce the PowerDraw (some members could hit 200 experience points for a sticky thread which in turn gave a lot of bucks)
  • some is due to items being up for grabs being duplicates to what we may already have and/or it is not offered for our country
  • bucks have been awarded due to competitions or levels being increased
4 Likes

My bad, I didn’t know that the thread had been closed. Apologies about that @Ice1

1 Like

No worries fella, thought I had closed it earlier but still needed a double check as some closures/responses have been a bit flaky recently.

2 Likes

Well said man :+1: