Apple supplying 18w chargers and cables on new iPhones

Anker, you need to push these chargers and cables out ASAP before Apple start giving them out in September.

Your market is going to shrink/disappear

4 Likes

This is good, and bad news. I’m very glad to hear that the quick charge materials will been included (most likely) with the iPhones! But it’s sad to here anker will lose some sales.

Thanks for sharing the article!

That’s awesome news.
Anker can still be ahead of curve by offering better or with extra feature chargers.

Yes and we all know Apples cables will be inferior :joy:
Plus we all need a few extra chargers (work) etc.

It’s great for Apple users since they will actually get a decent value for their money. And I do think that Anker won’t be losing too much money if they have a better overall charger than Apple

Not sure what you mean with “extra” features. iPhones can take up to 18W. Unless “extra” means more ports, there’s not much more here…

Hmmmmmm. I somehow doubt that this will really be the case. In the past Apple has tended to stick with what they know can sell (see the “mute switch” on all iPhones to date-- The design is the same as on day one!) and avoids changing smaller details to improve user experience.

Although this would be amazing if it did happen, I’m not sure that Apple would want to redesign their boxes (I know, right?) to fit larger, more powerful chargers. Anker for the win!

Anker is supreme. But I agree that they need to have reasons why iPhone users should switch to their chargers.

Because if you buy an anker cable with a lifetime guarantee, than you will literally have it for life.

1 Like

Oh anker is already ahead of the game. No problem

1 Like

I heard that news also. That are going to provide the same charger they use for the iPad Pro. But like everyone else said, the quality of their cables is way inferior.

1 Like

About time yeah Apple

Glad to hear it