Anyone knows the difference between IQ and Quick Charge?

I am new here. So i don’t know :confounded:
Which is better?

Hi @leekaryiu1230 , it depends on your device as to which essentially would be best. PowerIQ is Anker’s own charging technology designed to be a universal fast charging method for capable phones, where as quick charge is from Qualcomm. To fully utilize the power of Qualcomm Quick Charge you would need a phone that contains a snapdragon processor, such as HTC U11. Further details can be found here;

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/features/quick-charge/faq

2 Likes

As long as it’s Anker, you’ll have a quick charge. To me IQ is Anker’s way of detecting your device and then providing the quickest charge for that device. Also helps to have Anker brand cables with the chargers.

2 Likes

In my case, after upgrading to a QC3.0 device, my PIQ battery pack would only trickle charge my phone; Had to upgrade to a QC3.0 car charger and battery pack to resolve.

Following up with @ndalby: I think the comparison between IQ and quick charge is odd. To me, Quickcharge is a method, while IQ is a solution. Quick charge should be compared with USB PowerDelivery, those 2 are fast charging methods.

I don’t have that problem. My Anker packs are all just power iq and my phone is QC, no problems there.

1 Like

POWER IQ is Anker proprietary fast charge technology. It provides superior safety in multiple aspects while providing with optimum charging speeds for QC as well as non QC devices.

Quick charge tech on powerbanks/chargers on the other hand, from Qualcomm provides quick charging capabilities to quick charge and backwards compatible devices only.

Power IQ 2.0 for me wins over QC 3.0 thanks to its superior safety features & fast intelligent charging.

1 Like

The device defines which fast charging technology it supports. There is power delivery(the official standard) and Quickcharge (that was the inofficial standard until Google said they will be enforcing the official power delivery). Anker has products for Quick Charge and PD but not both at the same time. There are also vendor specific technologies like Huawei SuperCharge, OnePlus DashCharge and Samsung also has their own stuff.

From what I understand PowerIQ is a good fall back strategy in cases where device and power supply dont have a common fast charging technology. In most cases you can at least charge with 2A which as long as you are only charging smartphones and smaller tablets is still acceptable. I is not so much a technology but a combination of different improvements to get good compatibility across different vendors.

Ankers PIQ tech got almost all charging standards covered.