Anyone get any sample offers on their power user accounts lately?

Just wondering if any power users have gotten any sample offers since Amazon changed their guidelines regarding reviews.

3 Likes

Nope. Not sure what Anker intends to do about Amazon’s new policy. Maybe we could promote on social media and provide a link to a tweet or something similar to fulfill our part. Who knows.

1 Like

Some acknowledgement on their part would be nice as well regarding what they plan or don’t plan on doing. Kinda just left us here guessing.

While social media would be an option, it might then end up depending on your number of followers, posts, likes etc if you can remain a member of the Power User program. Myself I have limited use of social media (occasionally check in but don’t spend my life on there like some do) yet I do review often via Amazon, which made Anker’s Power User program an appealing option.

1 Like

One option would be for us to ‘buy’ an Anker product on Amazon, and then Anker subsequently make a ‘refund’ direct to individual if review is made (by ‘managed’ power user) - not sure if that would fit within amazons guidelines? Similar to current arrangement in that you ‘claim’ an item, then go to amazon and pay yourself, Anker then refunds money directly to individual. This is probably not in the spirit of what Amazon are trying to achieve, but may work from Anker perspective.

1 Like

Probably would still be frowned upon by Amazon, just like discount codes offered by some for full price of the item, as you are being reimbursed for your review.

Curious to know going forward how Amazon are going to differentiate between discount codes for samples and/or discount codes that might have been given due to a previous purchase or item fault. In essence when you use the code you are being reimbursed for the product to an extent which could influence your review (using Amazon’s logic :rolling_eyes:)

1 Like

Yeah it appears it’s not clean cut interpreting amazon rules! Looking at the guidelines again, it says you can leave a review for items purchased elsewhere (after you first amazon purchase review). So perhaps we can purchase item direct from Anker at discount and Anker send item direct to power user! My interpretation is that Amazon are talking about discounted items purchased direct from Amazon (not elsewhere!) I suspect this would still be frowned upon by Amazon.

Update: My discussion is reference Amazon UK

1 Like

You all have came up with very good alternatives now we shall continue to wait until Anker chimes in and see how they would like to move forward with the whole Power User program if at all.

We’ve been upgrading our system recently. No worries. You’ll get chances to receive test samples in a week or so. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Appreciate the heads up. Will be interesting so see how the Power User program goes forward with Amazon’s weird policy tweaks.

2 Likes

New samples are available I see! Couldn’t claim them though, og well!

1 Like

Yep samples are now coming through again, just tried the 6ft charging cable, now able to keep my iPhone topped up while it’s acting as a dash cam on long journey’s

1 Like

Where are we required to review them at now? Does it say

Still reviewing via Amazon, at least for UK members

1 Like

I haven’t seen updates in the PowerUser section of Canada also. I am not sure how the changes in US amazon will affect power users. Canadian Amazon policies seem unchanged.

By the way, how does someone get selected for Amazon Vine? I’m in the top 1000 reviewer of Canadian Amazon, but haven’t been notified of anything. My total number of reviews are quite low compared to other though.

They just will randomly select/email you one day to be a part of the Vine reviewer program. If you so choose to accept of course.

1 Like

Yeah, there doesn’t seem to be any hard and fast rules for Amazon’s Vine selection. I seen some with 5k+ helpful votes and in the top 1000 and they are not on the Vine program yet someone had 100 helpful votes and was ranked 127,000 and they were on it :confused:

Think they could do with getting the Vine program into some order before worrying about ‘sample’ reviews (and this is coming from a 10 year plus Amazon customer)

3 Likes

From what I heard it is all random selection I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I do not have much reviews under my belt and certainly not in the top 1000 either. It may just be how honest and unbiased you are in your reviews. I hardly give 5 star reviews.

Seen that mentioned before (honest and unbiased) as part of selection criteria, yet in the same light I wouldn’t say giving a lower than 5 star score for an item that is as described and meets the purchaser’s needs (which in my case many do, thanks to research first) would be a good method of selection by them.

Think region also has something to do with it. The amount of lower helpful reviews that I’ve seen as part of the Vine program are either much further north or south of Yorkshire (such as London or Scotland). Maybe it’s a Yorkshire thing :wink:

Well I am in California the heart and soul of Amazon well In my region atleast. We are lucky enough to have access to Amazon Locker and Prime Now 2 Hour delivery. I recently used Prime Now 1 hour option and its rather nice being able to get things delivered to your door when you are in a time crunch. Too bad the drone delivery was halted by the FFA.

2 Likes