Anker's First PowerDrive with Power Delivery has Arrived!

Update: Anker’s PowerDrive Speed+ 2 is now available to order on the Anker website. Here’s a link to the listing.

Previous discussion:

Anker’s lineup of car chargers is finally catching up with the latest charging technologies! Today, Anker is introducing PowerDrive Speed+ 2, the first of what is likely many PD car chargers to come. For example, we will probably be seeing PowerDrive II (in a white color like we saw at CES) within the next month or so, but regardless, today the focus is on PowerDrive Speed+ 2 with Power Delivery!

PowerDrive Speed+ 2 features one PowerIQ 2.0 port (it is unclear if this is the 18W or 19.5W version like in PowerDrive II 2 PD) and one Power Delivery port (30W output).

Here are some highlights from the Amazon listing:

• One Charger, Any Device: Charge USB-C and standard USB phones and tablets, all from one travel-ready car charger.
  • Faster Than Fast: Power Delivery technology provides a blazing-fast charge to USB-C devices, while our flagship PowerIQ 2.0 technology pumps out full-speed charging for original USB.
  • Ultra-Compact: Smaller than a credit card, for unimpeded port access and the perfect fit in any vehicle.
  • Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system and full UL certification mean complete protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerDrive II Car Charger, Welcome Guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

PowerDrive Speed+ 2 measures in at 2.6 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches. This is about the same size as PowerDrive Speed 2.

What do you think of PowerDrive Speed+ 2? Personally, I would like to see a version with two USB-C Power Delivery ports. Let us know all of your thoughts by dropping a reply down below!

12 Likes

It is nice to see, but I think I am more of a fan of Power Delivery for Wall Chargers (already offered by Anker).

While this has utility for many, I don’t think its for me. Good form factor though, I am sure many will enjoy.

1 Like

Nice find! It will be nice to charge USB-C laptops in the car without a bulky inverter!

3 Likes

Hopefully Anker rolls out more of the wall chargers they showed off at CES sooner rather than later!

Also, with the standard price point (you are getting a PD and a Power IQ for $30, and the wall charger is exact same price) I hope to see a drop in wall charger price.

2 Likes

Ooh la la power delivery and power IQ 2.0, fancy.

1 Like

I’m sure! Think I’m going to pick one up for our Sante Fe!

Yay I’m so happy :smile_cat: Might be time for a new car charger now!

2 Likes

Yes, finally. I was literally just talking to my wife about this and how I need to get a new car charger that has USB c.

1 Like

Wait you can charge your laptop with this? SWEEEEEEEEEEET :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Nice find. Having a nice fast charge for my car would be nice but I already have several fast chargers (older models and not as fast) and several brands that came with tech gear I run in my vehicles.

I like the price and the promo cool makes a great deal. For me, I either want to replace my car chargers with a hub or have chargers that have multiple functions such as the ROAV chargers.

2 Likes

Best just got better!

1 Like

Anker is going all fancy on us :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes! I’m in the road trip sometime and I really need this car charger to power my laptop…cos I usually work while traveling…:sob:

3 Likes

:laughing:Did your wife allow you to buy one?

Not this time,because she allowed me to buy a new Anker battery pack with USB C. So for now I’ll just charge with that

1 Like

Awesome, cant wait to pick up one of these for a USB C Battery pack killer combo from Anker!

1 Like

I love this. I really like one full sized USB and one USB C. It is a good balance. And it means I do not have to buy new cables since I use a bunch of Anker USB to USB C

1 Like

I still have no need for USB C so will stick with my PowerDrive Elite