Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Cable Rocks!

I just tried the new Anker USB-C to USB-C Thunderbolt 3.0 Fast Charging and Data Transfer Cable. The 1.5 foot length might be short for some, but it was perfect for what I wanted it for. It fits just right into my backpack where I keep a Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD with 30W Power Delivery Charger and use it to charge my 15" MacBook Pro while it is in the backpack and I’m walking around. The 30W charging power of the battery pack isn’t enough to charge the laptop while I’m using it heavily, but it is enough to charge quickly while the laptop is asleep in my bag. I was impressed by the thick gauge of the cable as well. You can see it in the images here as compared to the OEM Apple USB-C to USB-C cable. I tested the cable with a USB-C cable tester and it was indeed safely delivering power to my laptop at 30W. The cable has 100W labled on it, so I assume that is the max capacity of the cable. In the images below, I’ve pulled the laptop out a bit so you can see how the cable is routed, but the laptop does fit in and zip up fine with it inserted.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing @EmmanuelCanaan , yes the cable supports up to 100W according to the tech specs on Amazon…

1 Like

The Anker cable does look thicker then the Apple one. I’m sure it will outlast the Apple one, especially if the cable is bent a lot. It also looks like it’s the perfect length for your needs too. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your experience and adding pictures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed info on the cable & how you are using it in real-world use. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! Is this a messenger back or is it really a backpack? Because it looks very interesting and I’m looking for a new backpack.

1 Like

Thanks for your real world input on this cable and how your using it. I love the cable comparison as you can clearly see what makes this cable so great compared to Apple’s. I wonder if there was a little spring on the cable end, where you have it plugged into the laptop, if that would help extend its longevity. That tight of a bend on any cabLe regardless of how robust it is can become problematic in the long run, just food for thought

1 Like

This is the Peak Design Everyday Backpack in the 20 L size. I really like it. Very configurable for a variety of uses.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I’m not too worried as the bend is looser when the laptop is fully inserted into the bag, and the cable is only plugged in occasionally when I need to charge, not all the time. Thanks for the heads-up though!

1 Like