Anker USB-C to HDMI Adapter (Model A8312) is great

The Anker USB-C to HDMI Adapter (Model A8312) is a well constructed USB-C dongle that is a necessity for anyone looking to travel light and doesn’t need any additional ports that come with Anker’s catalog of USB-C Hubs.

The Adapter housing is aluminum with the Anker logo on one side, and certification/model information on the other. While not a 1:1 exact match, the colour of this adapter is very close to the space-grey MacBook Pro (M1) - almost to the point you can’t see the difference. The USB-C end is also a matching aluminum material connected by a short braided cable giving this adapter a premium look and feel compared to similarly priced adapters that are built with a cheaper cable or plastic bodies.

This adapter is completely plug and play. It works perfectly with my MacBook Pro (M1) from all states including power up and wake from sleep.

The adapter I purchased was inexpensive. In Canada it sells for $30 on Amazon, however I picked it up on sale for $20 during Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales but even at full price I’d definitely recommend this to anyone.

2 Likes

Well done review.

Has anyone been able to get this to work on a Windows 10 PC?

RAH

It’s not so much if Windows but if the hardware port supports display, not all do.

Search for Display port and Alt Mode