Anker USB-C Hub Review

@AnkerOfficial has developed a great accessory with their 5-in-1 USB-C Hub. If you don’t read anything else, I want you to know that!

The functionality of the device is exactly what you would expect from most any other USB-C Hub on the market, but it is the size and heftiness that truly makes it an Anker device. The size is smaller than a similar USB-C Hub that my wife purchased a while back (I’m sad to say that it wasn’t Anker… last time that will happen!). It is also made of a harder material than I was expecting. I will admit that I have been tempted to let it fall off the table or maybe throw it across the yard to see if it would still work, but I’m too enthralled with it to attempt any testing that might do permanent damage. With that said, I feel confident that the durability would be excellent (especially compared to the other hub we own).

The Anker Hub has no problem operating on a laptop that is running on battery. This was a pleasant surprise to me because the other device we own has issues sometimes when trying to move large amounts of data and the computer is not plugged into power. I’ve been able to offload SD card files from my DSLR and drone while on the go and not having to find an power outlet. It has been great!

The best testament I can give to the 5-in-1 Hub is that I loaned it to my father for a few days. He had just upgraded his laptop and was confused and frustrated when there was no sign of a “normal” USB port. I told him that I had something coming in that would be perfect for him to try out. My father is a brilliant man, but not too tech savvy. I gave him the Hub but didn’t give him any instructions on what to do. He said that it took him 30 seconds to figure it out and to start transferring files from one computer to the other using his USB drives. He had no issues with the transfers and said that it was just as quick with the downloading of files.

I tried to find some “constructive criticism” to report on, but the only thing I could find was the length of the USB-C connector cable. I suppose for some the length is good, but it seemed a little much to me. Not enough to keep me from recommending it, but long enough to make me look at it a little weird and say “huh… that seems like it could have been shorter…”

So to sum up, this device is great with its size, build, features, and functions! It’s definitely going in my camera bag as long as I can keep my wife from snagging it first!

6 Likes

Great job!!! Nice review!!

1 Like

Thanks @ktkundy !

Great review! Thanks for sharing!:+1:t2::wink:

1 Like

Great Review @Matt_Tabor I am glad to hear your dad also liked the hub!

1 Like

Good review @Matt_Tabor thanks for sharing your experience :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great review, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That’s what I like, giving it to someone who isn’t tech savvy and they just get it and figure it out. Thanks for sharing with us

2 Likes

Awesome review. Thanks for sharing it with us.

1 Like

Great review!!! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great review. After looking at some reviews, I think the cable is long for me as well. I would’ve liked something much shorter.

1 Like

Good job on the review. Nice pictures. Thanks, for sharing your review with us.

1 Like

Cool good pictures

2 Likes

Agreed @Shivam_Shah ! But I bet we can also agree that we would rather have a cable that is a little longer as opposed to one that is too short! Ha ha!!

1 Like

Yep even though for most of my use (as far as I can think) I would like a shorter cable, there might be a day when having a longer cable would be more helpful.

1 Like

Is it just the photo or is the hub actually black?

The Hub is black. Maybe a really, really, dark grey… but I would classify it as black.

1 Like

Nice idea you gave it to your father and he was so successful.
What about inviting him to take part here.
Seniors are in the minority.
We need some reinforcement!!!:laughing:

1 Like