This took me a long time to solve, since none of the official "How To Guides" or "User Created Guides" worked for me at all.
This was also perplexing because it works fine with Android but has issues with Windows 10; although several times it has worked with Windows 10, after several system (but not driver) updates it stopped working altogether.
If no other guides are working, you can try this:
- Go to "Control Panel" (Click Start and start typing "Control Panel" with the virtual keyboard)
- Go to "Devices and Printers"
- Go to "Add Device"
- Make sure the Bluetooth Keyboard is OFF (after trying with it on before and failing)
- Select the Keyboard if it's still in the listings
- It will ask you for a pin, but under that it will ask to generate a PIN in small text
- Click on the PIN generation request
- It will generate a 6 digit PIN
- Immediate turn ON your keyboard and press Fn+Z (or whatever the Bluetooth-Sync is for your model; for some it is automatic)
- Immediately type in the PIN and press ENTER
It should sync
A. 6 digit PIN instead of 4
B. Going to "Add Bluetooth Device"/"Add Bluetooth or Other Device" under Windows 10 Settings didn't work
C. Going back and forth typing PINS in between the Keyboard and the Input Prompt didn't work, regardless of order
D. Asking for it to generate a PIN when the keyboard is on just prompts an error
So this guide is for those in which the above might be the issue.
Model: A7726 Anker Slim Bluetooth Keyboard