Anker Takes a Harder Stance to Protect Its Intellectual Property Rights

As Anker’s reputation grows, fake products are unfortunately flooding into the market. To crack down on the problem, Anker has launched a long-term campaign to protect its intellectual property rights.

Up until Nov. 2017, a total of 90,450 counterfeit products featuring an “Anker” logo were seized, including 11,050 car chargers, 36,100 cable products (including end product and Anker stickers), 30,000 trademark logos, and 13,300 packing boxes.

Recently, the owner of a business which has manufactured tens of thousands of counterfeit Anker products was caught, dealing a heavy blow to the counterfeit goods market. Thankfully we were able to prevent these counterfeit products from entering the overseas market, and we hope it acts as a deterrent against the future production and sale of counterfeit goods.

At present, Anker’s legal department is following up the case, so we’ll keep you updated as it progresses.

Even though we’re working hard to crack down on the counterfeiters, there are always a few that escape unnoticed. We feel really sorry every time we hear a customer has bought a counterfeit Anker product and we ensure that all cases of counterfeit Anker products are reported to the related department.

Therefore, we recommend that you only purchase Anker products through authorized Anker retailers.

Thank you for your support, best wishes!

30 Likes

Is there a way we can report suspect counterfeit products? Or should we simply email marketing@anker.com

3 Likes

You can directly email marketing@anker.com, we will delivered your report to relevant department to handle it!:grin:

2 Likes

This s good news, counterfeit products do nothing but harm the end user and tarnish companies reputation. I’m glad you guys were able to catch and stop so many products before making its way to the market

5 Likes

Wow, I guess it’s kind of flattering, in a way, that people like the products enough to counterfeit them. Good job on cracking down on the bad guys!

3 Likes

Nice update especially as we’ve had a community member recently duped into buying a dodgy product.

2 Likes

counterfeiting is a shame for any country and must be stopped. Give counterfeiters exemplary punishments to deter any future repeats.

You are doing fine.
Whenever such a fake shows up all fellows have to report this!
WE ARE YOUR COMMUNITY!

2 Likes

Interesting information. It is sad that there are people who try to sell their products just under the name of a company who is standing for quality.

2 Likes

It’s almost unbelievable how many people don’t check the retailer before making an online purchase. Beyond counterfeit products, there’s also those who simply put a picture of an item and send a completely different one - we had a member telling this story where the product page showed an Anker product but she received a generic one.

I believe most of us here in the Forum are more informed, and thus protected, than the average person, so it’s important that we spread the word! I tell everyone interested in buying an Anker product, there’s only one official source here in Canada: Amazon.ca. The prices are already great, no need to look elsewhere! :wink:

7 Likes

If only I could like this twice! Thanks Anker for not only protecting your IP, but for protecting those who rely on your products to be safe and dependable when called upon!

2 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::clap::clap: Good. Protect your image

People shouldn’t be buying from shady companies to begin with!!! Counterfeiting is illegal to begin with

USE COMMON SENSE WHEN SHOPPING PEOPLE. BE SMART AND YOU WON’T GET BURNED

That is insane😜

2 Likes

This is what happens when a company becomes the best in what they offer, other companies will try to cheat off of them. Unfortunately, counterfeits only hurts the authentic company. Not only thru sales but also their reputation. As we have witnessed on this forum, there has been cases of some counterfeit items purchased, followed by disgruntle customers because their items didn’t work the way it should. Although Anker could see it as flattering that other companies would copy them, in the long run, it only hurts their hard earned outstanding reputation. Anyway, I hope that all counterfeiters will be caught.

4 Likes

not surprise by the counterfeits but glad to see Anker taking a hard stance on it.

1 Like

I have learned my lesson when I tried to purchase a couple Anker products a while back at rock bottom prices. I didn’t receive counterfeit products but rather I didn’t receive anything

3 Likes

Yes, every consumer is important to us and we don’t want you to be cheated.:man_with_gua_pi_mao:

2 Likes

Way to go on catching those guys!! I hope you get them all!

2 Likes

(Queue Pokémon Theme Song)
GOTTA CATCH EM ALL! :laughing:

3 Likes