Anker SoundSync Power On Problems

Hello I just bough a Anker SoundSync for my car.

Just to be clear I have a USB charger on my lighter plug that turns on when I turn on my car.
I connect the Sound Sync to that USB charger. (The USB charger works)

I needed a device that powered on and connected to my phone on turn on my car. This without pressing any buttons.
An I fount your Soundsync that was suppose to exactly that.

Before I purchased it I read the manual to check if it powered on when the USB powered.
In the manual it states: “SoundSync will automatically power on when the car is started”.
And also “When turned on, SoundSync will automatically connect to the last connected device if available. If not, SoundSync will enter pairing mode.”
So I would expect this to work.

But It does not. Every time I turn on my car it does not connect to my phone and I have to press the button on the Soundsync in order for it t power on and connect to my cellphone
Am I doing something wrong? It this a configuration that I do now know of?

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @edsousa84 , do you get the same behaviour if you put your ignition to the ACC (or accessory position) for 2-3 seconds before starting the engine? I’ve read a few cases where the SoundSync Drive does not power on at engine start and this appears to resolve without having to unplug the USB cable first.

Feel free to reach out to support@anker.com for further assistance under your warranty in case you have received a faulty unit…

1 Like

Hello @ndalby, I am sure that the soundsync gets power because the led turns on. But it does not powerup fully.
Every othe device that I have powers on when I turn on my car.

And I do not have to take off and put on the usb cable. If I press the button on the soundsync for 2 sec it will turn on and connect to my phone.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken I believe Anker changed the way this acts due to some people’s power outlet always being powered in and they didn’t want this draining there battery. It also momentarily loses power when the car is cranked and caused issues for some people sothey changed it to having to press the button to power it on

2 Likes

@elmo41683 thank you for your input.

If they changed it they should at least change the documentation.
I will contact anker to see if it is possible to make the same change for my soundsync.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have nothing to do with the documentation but I agree.

1 Like

The answer from Anker:

I’m sorry to know this order was made by Tech Professionals. It is not a official store of Anker.
Our warranty only covers those who buy our products from AnkerDirect and authorized resellers in America. So we are unable to provide a warranty service for this purchase.
Maybe you could contact your seller for further assistance.

1 Like

Thats the nature of things when you make purchases from third party sellers. Very few companies will honor a warranty when purchased this way. There are so many fakes and knockoffs out there its a way to protect the companies bottom line. Sorry for your troubles

2 Likes

Hi there I also bought this with the assumption that I could do this. I guess I should have looked for something without a battery in hindsight… I wanted to buy it from anker though - and otherwise it is great… would you guys be willing to release the firmware to make it behave like this again?

1 Like