Anker Soundcore Motion+ not working with Win10 laptops running Intel bluetooth chipsets

Thank you. Worked perfectly

Thank you! :slight_smile: How did you know how to fix it?

These are the very known ā€œfirst stepsā€ whenever such a problems shows up.
Clearing the bt list of the bt source and reset the speaker (earbud/earphones)
Then pair these again.

I am so glad I found this. Thank you for your answer, I was starting to think I made a bad purchase! Now working great thanks to your help. :hugs:

Hi! Hope someone can help me. I bought two of these and I plan to use the both of them as desktop speakers both thru BT (thank you loregel for the solution) and thru aux as well. Is this possible, or loregelā€™s solution would only work with one speaker only? Thank you.

I am sure it will work on both if they are connected the right way.

First you should connect the two speakers without any other device involved.

Then the first (master) will be found on your bt device.
The second one the (sl
ve"will be connected automatically.
So both are connected after.
If there are any problems ask, we are all here to help!

Your question is very confusing, so you plan to use the 2

On the same windows 10 laptop Iā€™m assuming since you decided to ask here? My next question would be why do you wish to use both aux and bluetooth at the same time on the same machine? that seems a bit odd.

Thanks! Now paired with my computer :slight_smile:

Helped me as well thank you :+1::+1::+1:

Also appreciative of the solution.
This was by far my most complicated (least pleasant) ANKER experience.

Connected to my phone (Samsung s9) within seconds, no issues. (Though canā€™t get the app to open!)

But trying to get Motion+ to play along with my (brand new) HP Pavilion x360 was a big fat hairy deal.

Even after finding this solution, it would only pair as a microphone.
Attempted to unpair (again) and got an error message that the pairing was incomplete, restart my computer. Once THAT was done, did everything start to work.

That said, for good measure, tried using the firmware update app and plugging my Motion+ into my computer via USB results in nothing being identified as connected.

Shouldnā€™t that be MS prob not ANKER?
(The M+ connects perfectly under LINUX
(You should know, LINUX and bt is a never ending mess))

thank you so much , works on my dell inspiron.

If still no luck for connection after loregelā€™s solution. Try that solution to connect your motion + speaker:

1. Go to Windows Device Manager and find Microsoft Bluetooth LE-Enumerator under bluetooth tab and disable it.
  2. Reset speaker holding Bluetooth button and Volume+ for 3-5 seconds.
  3. Try to search Motion + from that location : Settings --> Bluetooth & other devices --> Add Bluetooth or Other device.

Motion + should be seen as headset after these steps.

2 Likes

Thanks, Loregel!!

I did all the steps but it did not work. Another solution?

Anker SoundCore Motion+ consistently pairs in Windows 10 (different devices), but does not show in the right hand side (Win+K) ā€œConnectā€ sidebar (see picture).

The device works fine otherwise.

I have

• Anker SoundCore Motion+ (Firmware 36.38)
  • Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042)
  • Asus (System SKU Z4Z38UA#ABA) (I tried other devices, same behavior)
  • IntelĀ® Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D60

strange.
Its connecting and really connected (sound), but doesnt show up at this list.

If you delete the bt list and do a new connection?
Still the same?

It seems only happen with WIN, not with other devices.
I suppose you have tried all the steps shown above.

Win10 users might help you better, because I dont use WIN anymore since many years.

Really great that reset solution (I repeat it again here)

1. unpaired both devices
  2. reset speaker holding Bluetooth button and volume+ for 3-5 seconds
  3. Pairing again the device is found as audio device (headphone symbol)

Story:
I had really a long web resarch journey always ending up with the same result.
Soundcore Motion+ got connected via BT but just under ā€œother devicesā€ and not as ā€œaudio BT deviceā€.
Iā€™m running a Win10 Desktop PC with the latest 20H2 OS update.
I killed several times the connections and reinstalled th drivers - Always the sameā€¦
Since I have no BT onboard, I solve my BT connection via an external BT USB stick. My first one I used was the Nano stick 4.0 from aplic (uses the harmony software - so probably similar to other BT sticks i.e TP-Link). However I couldnā€™t connect in a propper way. It always got connected as ā€œother deviceā€ never as audio device. So I thought it might be the stick. It supports (only) the BT 4.0. standard and the firmware or software I found was rather old (from 2012 or 2013). So I ordered a brand new stick from Aā€¦ , the MPOW BH456A with BT 5.0 - So the latest stuff.
But here, the same issues or results. The speaker always connected as ā€œother deviceā€ (just detected as unknown device then clicked on it and now the soundmotion name appered but then always connected as other device) and because of that never could adressed as audio output. Then I found this page and YESSSSS that was the solution, disconnecting , doing this reset and then after a while it really appeared as an audio devise (this never happened before) and IT WORKS.
After all Iā€™m really angry about that Anker didnā€™t make it that easy to customers to connect this device to ā€œnot so common devices like a PCā€ like a smatphone.
I got really angry about. First I thought it might be my ā€œoldā€ BT connector with BT 4.0 and a software from 2012 - now I assume it was still the Anker equipment as troublemaker - and I expect that even my older BT stick will work now if I would do it in the same way.

Cheers Charly

3 Likes

ThankĀ“s a lot man. I could solve this issue.

Thanks a lot! <3
Your tip worked perfectly!