ANKER SOUNDCORE LIFE NC Review from Louisville

Personal Use Story:
This is my video review of the Soundcore LifeNC bluetooth head set. Below is going to be my written review. I also have a review on my facebook page which has generated thus far about half a dozen real life conversations with my immediate friends and family concerning Anker, the bluetooth headset, and how I came to try this set and others for free or at a good discount. I have let my wife and dad borrow this for them to try as well with very positive results.

Unboxing: Not being used to premium packaging, I was looking for the normal flap to tear open to get to the inner packing. When I finally fixutred out how to open the box I was a bit astonished. To open the box there is a flap on the side with magnets that snap the lid shut. They were strong enough to keep the lid to the box shut under almost all jostling, dropping, tossing conditions (which are normal conditions for packaging during the loading, transport, and delivery process. I know this because I used to be a UPS package handler at the world port that processes 90% of UPSā€™s world volume). After playing with the flap for a bit I opened the box. I felt like I was opening a new iphone or iPad, but actually the packaging was a lot nicer for the Soundcore Life NC product. It genuinely looks like their marketing and advertising people care about what the company delivers. If they care about the quality of first impressions with packaging, then this product MUST be of the same caliber.

Removing the headset was another experience that stood out to me. Along with the magnets to secure the box shut, but provide an easy opening experience, the holding fixture was equally engineered to keep the product safe, fitted in place, and look stylish with the box was opened.

After getting the headset out my first impressions were very positive. The weight felt good, and balanced in my hands. The materials and construction looked and felt on par with something premium and well made.

Under the holding fixture were the accessories and paperwork. Inside the box you will received a micro USB charging cord about six inches long (Standard), and a Micro USB to 2.5mm audio cord adapter. I feel that most people will not use this, but I have on one occasion about two weeks ago when the battery finally died. Soundcore made the correct choice in sending this USB to audio adapter with a 90 degree head on both ends. The carrying case is nice too.

USE: Iā€™ve been using this everyday at work since Iā€™ve received it. My job takes me from an office environment to a production shop floor/ heavy manufacturing , to outdoor and warehouse storage as well. When I get calls outside of the office inside the plant, no one can ever hear me using the phones microphone ever. Iā€™ve switched to the bluetooth headsets to correct this. By far, this is THE best headset that Iā€™ve used for my all inclusive work environment. Iā€™ve used other over the ear headphones, and aftershocks bluetooth headset, but these provide the best clarity of voice on my end to the other person with the four microphones and on my end with the high quality sound drivers. During the storms that pushed through the area in February/ early March, I was using this headset in all the adverse weather conditions that included High winds and rain, and I was still able to communicate with people over the phone inside and out. This was possible due to the engineers who designed these and the noise reduction technology brought to bear.

When Iā€™m in the office I use these to listen to music from my phone and connected to my computer for VOIP skype meetings. I connect through bluetooth to my computer. The sound quality is as good as my bandwidth allows, and the voice quality is very good when using the headset. I got zero complaints about sounding too far away or ā€œscratchyā€ that other headsets tend to be like.

Battery life: Itā€™s advertised for 10 hours of continuous use. Iā€™m recharging this about once every three days.

Sound Quality: For music the quality is superb. I typically donā€™t like earbuds as a design, but these are actually good. The sound drivers actually deliver great high, mids, and low frequencies thatā€™s great for every type of music Iā€™ve put through them. Everything from Rap, Rock-N-Roll, classical, pop, R&B, etc. Soundcore knows how to make great sound with their products. Iā€™m going to make a shout out for the Soundcore Infini Pro soundbar right now as wellā€¦Love that Soundcore product as well.

Construction/ Design/ Quality Controls: The construction as stated is solid. Itā€™s taken the abuse of some harsh wet weather already and come out unskathed. The materials used are solid and is assembled expertly. Working at a production facility as I do, I notice good and poor workmanship pretty easy. Details and quality matter. The way something is built and even packaged says A LOT about the company, itā€™s people, and the drivers for their business.

Connectivity/ Ease of Pairing: This is the easiest device to pair with a phone or mobile device. Pairing to a computer took more time due to windows connection issues. Love windowsā€¦ You can pair with your phone and computer at the same time, but only use one device at a time of course.

Charging: usually takes about one to two hours to fully charge with my anker powerport II.

After about a month of usage, I have no real gripes with this bluetooth headset at all. I use it everyday and for what I need to use it for, it is the right tool for the job.

11 Likes

Excellent review! I appreciate you going to the effort of making a video and written review.

Top job all round sir. :ok_hand:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Nice review. Even though you made a video, I would have liked to see some photos :wink:.

ā€œEverything from Rap, Rock-N-Roll, classical, pop, R&B, etc.ā€

You definitely listen to a variety of music :joy:.

Your reveiw is very well written :+1:

2 Likes

First rate review @ARTHUR_BRIAN_MOTT , never thought I would be a fan of neckband variations when they first announced them but when used in the right situations, they are a winner :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I have very eclectic taste in music. It drives my friends and wife crazy. Apparently I listen to music ā€œwrongā€ā€¦

1 Like

nice review!

1 Like

Great review, and my eclectic music taste also drives everyone crazy. I love playing my playlist at work because it goes from Lisa Lisa and the culture jams to lynyrd skynyrd to Benny Goodman and all across every other genre. It definitely throws people for a loop

2 Likes

Great review thank you so much. Please keep posting all of your reviews here in the future

Great review @ARTHUR_BRIAN_MOTT Sooooo that box kicked your but! That is funny because sometimes I just get frustrated and DONKEY KONG the thing open! Then i see it was just a simple flap!

Awesome review :clap::clap::clap:

Great review!

Nice review and detailed. Anker has done some great design features on their packaging that you might see on premium brands.

Thanks for all the feedback!

nice review :slight_smile:

Nice review! Thanks for sharing!

Still loving my LifeNC headset! Even had another friend of mine borrow them for the past ten days. He was impressed by them as well citing better quality build construction and sound drivers than a set he has that are like them. Another new anker consumerā€¦

Great review. Iā€™m still to adapt to the ā€˜neckbandā€™ style but it is good to understand how they help you at work and the changing environments you find yourself in.

The property has multiple buildings and warehouses. Between the buildings on stormy days is the worst thing. And as Iā€™m humming along working at my bench, these ear buds stay in snuggly, have a great sound, and Iā€™m able to take phone calls and do skype meetings without changing headsets.

How is the battery life now after more use? Are they still needing a charge every 3 days?

My daily use has dropped a little and Iā€™m getting on average 4-5 days of use still equal to at 10 hrs of play time

1 Like