Anker Soundcore AUX mode

Hi guys, I just received my Anker soundcore and pairing Bluetooth is easy.
However, I can not use the aux mode using an aux cable. I put the speaker in pairing mode (flashing blue), put the cable, connect to my iphone -> no sound (although my phone does recognize the cable). Please help me with this issue

Hi @Nam_Hung, try plugging in the AUX cable while the SoundCore is paired to your phone (do not put the speaker in pairing mode). When it detects the cable, the speaker should automatically switch to AUX mode. Let us know if it works!

1 Like

HI @TechnicallyWell, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it does not work. When I choose the source as Bluetooth, it works like a charm. When I change to headphone, still no sound comes out from the speaker. I think there is a problem with the aux port since the cable functions normally.

Sorry itā€™s not working! One other thing to check is to make sure the volume is turned up on your AUX source. If you still have no luck, please reach out to support@anker.com and theyā€™ll get you squared away.

Hey hi I brought anker soundcore mini and I was happy with its quality of sound but from last 4 days when I connect it is connecting but there is no more sound every time it connects but no sound can you please help meā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @Mohammed_Ahmed_Ali2 , a few questions;

• do you get a startup sound from the speaker
  • is sound issue your having from bluetooth or aux
  • if connecting via bluetooth, have you tried forgetting your connection and then pair your device again?

I have had a somewhat similar issue with my Anker Soundcore Boost. I have an old desktop computer and my speakers i were using were trash because there was interference coming thru the speakers from some unknown source. Anywaysā€¦wanted to use my Anker speaker with my desktop which isnā€™t equipped with bluetooth so my only option was using the aux input. Plug in the aux cord from the computer to the speaker andā€¦nothing at all! Then i discovered if i also connected the speaker to the usb port on the front of my computer then Boom IT WORKS FINE. disconnect either the usb or the aux and no sound at all. But it works perfectly when both Aux and Usb are connected to my desktop simultaneously.

1 Like

If using a phone or ipad with a case, itā€™s worth removing the case to check that the 3.5mm cable is fully inserted!

1 Like

I have three of these speakers and the 3.5mm earphone jack has never worked on any of them. Iā€™ve been an engineer for over 20 yrs so Iā€™m pretty sure I can figure out a bluetooth speaker. Iā€™m just wondering when Anker is going to admit that itā€™s a ā€œghost featureā€ that is not really usable. One guy mentioned that his only works if the other end of the charging cord is plugged into his computerā€™s USB port. I donā€™t know about anybody else, but that completely defeats the purpose. I donā€™t need a bluetooth speaker when I can plug directly into my computerā€™s ear phone jack. Iā€™ve read several of these blogs and itā€™s ludachrist what Iā€™m reading from these so called ā€œtroubleshootersā€. Itā€™s all nonsense. The earphone jack simply doesnā€™t function. Case closed.

1 Like

Hereā€™s how to get aux port to work. Yes, it absurd. Iā€™ve reproduced it reliably. Its the only way to get it to work reliably. If youā€™ve never paired it with any bluetooth devices it will work fine out of the box. If you have ever paired anything to it, you have to do this asinine ritual.

To use the aux port:
Step 1 - connect any bluetooth device to the speaker (I told you it was asinine)
Step 2 - plug the aux cable into the desired device
Step 3 - disconnect the bluetooth device.

The speaker will ONLY check the aux port for input immediately after is has been disconnected from a bluetooth device. Nothing else works. If the device is off and you take it with you to use, and you dont have a bluetooth device to connect/disconnect, you can never use the auxport until you do.

The device goes immediately into pairing mode when powered on 100% of the time. There is no way to prevent or stop this. There is no way abort this process, IT MUST CONNECT TO SOMETHING before you can ā€œturn offā€ bluetooth. Its appallingly poor design.

I tried that. Nothing.

I bought the Motion+ and am trying to connect to the Q35s to hear through the speaker. This is probably laughable but, I am an aspiring audiophile and really want to learn about how the cables, jacks, music production work. I think I understand as far as these particular cables go, but when neither of the 3 different ways - plugging in the aux only, plugging in USB-C to USB-C and plugging in both simultaneously (connected to and not connected to Bluetooth included) - donā€™t work, I am discouraged.

Why wonā€™t the AUX work? Itā€™s unfathomable that soundcore (is ā€œsoundcoreā€ supposed to be lowercased?) slash Anker would include this as an special feature. šŸ«¤

There is an aux button on the top, hit that button 2 times so it glows green, then the sound should come through the speaker through a wired connection. When it glows white that is for the usb in.

Note: the speakers can not be paired and hooked through wired connection, but they can be daisy chained using aux in and aux out ports on the back.

I have found the stereo sound is great using one (1) Rave speaker, and it sounds more mono to me using multiple daisy chained speakers.

Not sure if the same is true for the Rave+.

https://support.soundcore.com/s/article/The-Main-Differences-Between-Soundcore-Rave-Speaker-and-Soundcore-Rave-Speaker

1 Like

I bought the soundcore motion because it got good reviews and it has a 3.5 input jack so I can connect it to my tv at night.
I assumed that if I had the tv plugged into the aux jack it would just play the tv .
But it keeps connecting to my iPhone, so I turn off blue tooth, and it connects to my roommates iPad. Yada yada nobody can have Bluetooth on when Iā€™m watching tv in my room.

1 Like

There should be a way to neglect the speaker totally on the bt devices.
Done so, the speaker is neither detected nor connected to any bt devices and it should work with the AUX.

I had the same issue. Pressing continually on the + or - buttons helped to bring them into the aux mode. My reason for buying them was the exact reason you did. Thatā€™s cool :sunglasses:. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Bought the Soundcore Motion+ today. I quickly found issues with AUX mode and was devastated, because my biggest reason for buying it was so that I could play instruments live through it, which requires low latency.

But then I got it to work, and it was a very simple problem actually. Steps:

1. Turn on the speaker. Connect your other device through AUX (before or after turning on, doesnā€™t matter).
  2. Make sure itā€™s not connected to any bluetooth device. This is arguably the most annoying step, because thereā€™s no way to cancel connections from the speaker itself (or I donā€™t know of one), it has to be done from the other device.
  3. Play audio. It will play, trust me. If you hear nothing, start pressing the ā€˜+ā€™ button on the speaker to bring the volume up. Also increase the volume on your connected device if needed. Thatā€™s the thing: in AUX mode, the volume on the speaker is applied ON TOP of the volume outputted by your device. Unlike bluetooth, where the two volumes are the same. THE REASON most people donā€™t hear any sound is because their device is outputting at low volume, and that low volume is then FURTHER DECREASED by the low volume on the speaker. So make sure to crank both.

I really hope this saves someoneā€™s afternoon, I certainly know it saved mine.

Iā€™ve discovered another thing. Once you successfully make an AUX connection, it is possible to connect your phone via bluetooth and play through AUX while e.g. controlling the EQ on the phone through the app. But if you play any audio from the phone, AUX is overridden and stops working. It works again if you disconnect the phone, but the volume is reset and you will likely have to crank it.

TL;DR AUX connections work fine and the only unintuitive aspect is the switching of volumes. Once you understand whatā€™s going on, you should be able to use it in a predictable, reliable way.

Hey there,

To mitigate the latency (which is annoying while watching videos), what if I wish to connect 2 Motion+ speakers through aux instead of BT for R & L channel? Maybe using a 3.5mm TRS splitter? In this case, how will the speakers themselves connect to (or paired with) one another? Because if I turn bluetooth ON, doesnā€™t it kind of beat the whole purpose of beating the BT latency issue?

What do you think?

I purchased the Anker Boom Plus to use the aux for low latency keyboard from my iPad.
Steps to make it work:

1. Install Soundcore App on iPad
  2. Connect from iPad to Boom Plus via bluetooth.
  3. Use Soundcore App to set EQ (I set to flat)
  4. Turn off Anker Boom Plus
  5. Tell iPad bluetooth to forget about Anker Boom
  6. Plug cable between headphone jack and aux on Boom Plus
  7. Turn on Anker boom
  8. Notice that it is trying in vain to connect via bluetooth (flashing bluetooth light)
  9. Start some music playing on the iPad (to get a signal)
  10. Turn the volume all the way up on the iPad
  11. Notice that you can hear very faint sound coming from the boom plus (Note: They probably turn the sound on the Anker way down when switching from bluetooh to aux to keep from blowing the speakers and your ears.)
  12. Raise the volume on the boom plus by pressing the plus ā€œ+ā€ button repeatedly. (When it gets to loud I turn it down on my iPad because that is where I want to control it)
  13. After the original setup, whenever I turn the Anker boom off and on, I just tap the plus ā€œ+ā€ button a bunch of times to turn it way up.
    PS: After a while it gives up trying to pair and the bluetooth light stops blinking.