Anker Soundcore 2 pairing

I have recently purchased 2 sound core 2 speakers ( they are fine) but I cannot pair them together - any suggestions?

Hi @sean19500 were your Soundcore 2 speakers listed as the upgraded models at the time of purchase as only the upgraded model can connect together for wireless stereo?

2 Likes

Hi there,
Yes both speakers listed as ā€˜upgradedā€™ (mod edit: removed personal information -TW). Itā€™s not very clear from the youtube clips Iā€™ve looked at, but is the bluetooth light supposed to change from flashing blue to steady white? mine doesnā€™t.
Regards

Sean

Hi @sean19500 try the following to pair

1. Turn on both speakers
  2. Press the BT button on both speakers until you have a rapid flashing light on both
  3. Allow 5-10 seconds for the two speakers to detect each other and connect, normally signaled by a beep.

The primary (master) speaker (to pair a device to) will have a flashing blue LED and the secondary (slave) unit will have a solid blue light.

2 Likes

Hi there, Its working!! Great, thanks for your help. Is there a maximum distance between speakers?

Sean

1 Like

Glad to hear things are now working!

Distance should follow the normal BT standard of up to 15m (excluding obstructions such as walls etc.). Would try to keep them in the 5m range however to make the most of your sound.

Give that man a Q&A thread reassignment and a solution!

1 Like

Should be the normal bluetooth distance.
But if these speakers are connected in stereo mode it doesnt make sense to place these too far from each other.

If I read the FCC report correctly:

The source transmits to both speakers.

So itā€™s the distance from both speakers to the source (e.g. phone) it is not like youā€™re daisy-chaining and itā€™s distance from source to master and then master to slave, itā€™s distance from source to master and source to slave which is important.

No the issue is these speakers are moving between all the bluetooth channels so would cause interference to anything else in bluetooth range.

Make sure itā€™s fully charged and close to your device. Turn off bluetooth on other nearby devices to avoid interference. Reset the speaker by holding the power button for about 10 seconds until the LEC flashes. Then, put it in pairing mode by pressing the bluetooth button until the LED starts blinking In your deviceā€™s bluetooth settings, search for ā€œsoundcore 2ā€ and select it. If that doesnā€™t work, try unpairing and re-pairing it.

Try turning off bluetooth on nearby devices that might be interfering. Make sure the speaker is in pairing mode (LED flashing) before connecting. If problem continue, give it a reset by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until it restarts. is somehow same, like you have press a button for 10 seconds to reset it.

I got my first pair of these few years ago and remember having trouble pairing them. One of them got a battery close to dying so I got a replacementā€¦ and now have a trouble pairing them again.
I turn off all BT devices, reset my old speaker to the factory settings, and follow all the steps. The old speaker gives the sound of connecting/pairing, the blue light is continuously on for a couple of seconds but then itā€™s off. The new speaker doesnā€™t give any indication of pairing/connection, it just changes the blue light from burst flashing to steady flashing. When I pair it to any device, only the new speaker is visible, pairable and plays anything back.
I did that for about 15-20 times (I remember it took me many many tries first time round). Iā€™m waiting for that almost synchronous tuhr-loo-loop sound from both speakers telling me that they are working as a pair, but it just never gets there. They both are the same model (I forgo the enhanced battery option in fear of not pairing). Not sure what else could be a problem. Any ideas?