Anker SoundBuds Slim Audio-Video delay

I have the same issue on my Soundbuds Flow when used with my Mac, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
A description of the issue is as follows:
When you click play, the sound starts immediately while the video is still paused for a few seconds. Then the video starts, together with the time counter. It’s really weird.

This doesn’t happen with my Bose QC 35 II

From what I noticed, the problem appears when:

• I play a video on Youtube, Instagram, Reddit, etc., regardless of the used browser
  • I play a downloaded video with QuickTime

The problem DOESN’T appear if:

• I play the same downloaded video with VLC
  • I use other Bluetooth headphones.

It looks like there is some incompatibility between the h.264 video codec and the AAC audio codec implementation from Anker.

@Tank how are you being helpful telling people to ditch their devices?
@AnkerSupport quite a few months have passed since the issue was first reported, do you have a solution or even investigating this?

2 Likes

I also have the video delay issue. MacBook with MacOS 10.15.1 @AnkerSupport
+1: it happens with my Galaxy S10e too

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport ame things happen on my new Soundbuds Slim+. Please fix the same. I guess this is a problem with a new batch where they have stopped supporting aptX codec.

1 Like

My case.

Samsung S9+. Has been working nicely with worst headsets in terms of synchrony.

Got the Soundbud slim+ a month ago and I’ve tried everything, but each time I play a youtube video, this will start fine, then the audio will continue without cuts, but the video will stop for a second or two, and then continue with the addition of 1-2 secs delay to the video respect to the audio.

Please advice.

I have exactly the same problem (audio precedes video by 1-2 seconds on YouTube and other online services such as Netflix) with my replacement SoundBuds that Anker sent me after the original ones stopped working out of blue after 5 months of irregular use. I’ve never had this issue with other Bluetooth headphones, and I’ve tried quite a few from different vendors. Resetting/unpairing the device didn’t help. I’m running MadOS 10.15.1.

@AnkerSupport a prompt resolution would be great, thanks.

Im using xiaomi poco f1,i hav the same issue…doesnt matter it is streamin or downloded lag exists.but when i watch videos with native video player which is “mi video” no lag…so it was a problem with mx player.

I have the same issue with a OnePlus 6. Software recently updated to Android 10.

New Soundbuds Flow purchased in December 2019.

Audio plays 1-2 seconds before video. Video seems to freeze up when played intially then plays which creates delay.

Problems occur on YouTube app and Prime Video app.

What is the solution?

Hi everbody, this is my first post here and i only registered to post a solution to the audio delay I have also been experiencing since last 6 months of my purchase of Anker Soundbuds Slim+ earphones.

I have been using these with a Samsung galaxy note 8 android phone. To fix the audio delay you need to follow the following steps in gour android phone.

1. Go into settings.
  2. Go into applications.
  3. Filter to show systems apps.
  4. Search for ‘bluetooth’ app and click on it.
  5. Clear its cache and data.
  6. Connect earphones with blueooth again.
  7. Thats it :slightly_smiling_face:

Audio delay should be fixed now.

1 Like

Did this ever get solved with any kind of firmware update? I have this happening now. They were fine for ages, but now audio about 2 seconds BEFORE video in all apps, Prime, Netflix, NOW TV. What is going on? How is this possible? They are now effectively useless. Soundbuds Slim+ with iPhone. Have had Anker Soundbuds Slim headphones for years but these are inferior in every way. Soundbuds Slim- should be the name. Please advise Anker

Having the same issue.no it’s not a delayed Bluetooth it is the video stuttering.every time. Locally or not.it doesn’t matter if maybe some player eventually could work, YouTube doesn’t,my player doesn’t, VLC doesn’t.

Have the same issue with sound buds slim. The video freeze with 12 sec of reproduction and after that the audio is 1 or 2sec before video.

Any solution?

Tab S7

Same issue with Anker Soundbuds slim.

I swapped phones and the issue followed.
YouTube videos specifically, the audio is ahead by 2 seconds and then you see the video trail with what was just said.

Locally recorded videos do the same thing.
Netflix videos do the same thing.

Seems to be all videos

Please let us know if there is a fix or update.

Thanks,
Monty from AZ

Hello guys, I found the temporary solution (for now)
I’m using Android 10 and Soundbud Curve. I witnessed a delay in video (sound first, video 2-3 seconds later) which is extremely annoying.
I tried changing bluetooth codec but did not work. So here is what I did for successfully stopping this issue:
Open Settings => Apps => 3 dots at the top right corner => Show system apps => Choose Bluetooth => Clear Cache

It works for me guys, please try and contribute your solutions since a lot of people having the same issue

1 Like

As per post 48 above

Clearing the cache doesn’t work for me – 1-2 second audio delay while playing videos is still present.

My phone is a OnePlus 8 running Android 11, and I too have Soundbud Curves. This didn’t happen with these headphones on my previous phone (Pixel 2 XL running Android 11), and doesn’t happen with other bluetooth devices on this phone.

Hi Brandon,
I just got upgraded my phone to Android 11 and I have found a new way to stop this annoying situation on my device.
Step 1: you normally connect your device to the Curve, if the delay still happens then go to Step 2
Step 2: hold the play/pause button on the Curve to turn it off while the Bluetooth on your device is still on. Wait for 5 6 seconds then turn the Curve back on, it will automatically connects to your device and your problem is solved. No more delay.

It takes a bit more time and effort but at least we can enjoy a video without listening to the music first and then seeing the lips moving.

Hope this helps.

I’ve disconnected and reconnected dozens of times, along with restarting the phone. Issue has never gone away.

The clear cache instructions don’t alway work as above, you sometimes get more luck with:

• delete pairings of everything. Sometimes folks paired with two things, the buds end up accidentally connected to two things and that causes the problem. Think of everything ever paired and delete them all.
  • disable Bluetooth on everything ever paired.
  • delete the cache (the above doesn’t work if Bluetooth active). Either: reboot to recovery, wipe cache (not data!), Boot. Or: settings, apps, Bluetooth, force stop, clear cache, reboot.
  • put buds in pairing mode.
  • turn phone Bluetooth on
  • pair. Now if you’ve done all of this then of there was anything else connecting should not be now.

See if that fixes it.

These older bids don’t have a reset, they don’t actually forget their pairing records so you have to do it instead on everything else.

It helps, thx dude