Anker SoundBuds Slim Audio-Video delay

I have been having some trouble with audio-video desynchronization with my SoundBuds Slim. The sound quality and everything is great when I use music streaming services like Spotify. But when I try to watch videos on Youtube or Hulu from both my iPhone X and MacBook Pro the audio plays about 1 or 2 seconds before the video. I have tried resetting the headphones, fully charged them, and I don’t think there is any new firmware for them. I wasn’t sure if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to resolve the issue?

7 Likes

are you sure audio played before the video? Typically bluetooth latency is the other way.

1 Like

Hey all bluetooth devices all have some sort of delay (some more than others) so there really is no fix. Thats why they aren’t really recommended for media consumption :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Trust me i was just as confused as you are, but yes i am 100% certain the audio was occurring before the video. I press play, the audio starts, and then a second later the video starts moving. I confirmed by the sound of a gunshot occurring in the audio before the gun was shot in a video i was watching.

1 Like

This is very interesting observation.
@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical can you help with this situation?

Never heard of this.
The normal is : An audio delay caused by bt.

2 Likes

When I tested my Neos I got the video first audio later issue.

1 Like

This is a common issue with iOS devices, do a search in YouTube and you will see many tech reviewers discuss this.

But it is odd that you are getting audio before the video as its usually the video before audio.

Have you tried deleting the bluetooth profile and resetting the earbuds?

2 Likes

I use iPhone X and 8, with multiple Anker Headsets (Spirit X, Surge, Soundbuds Rise) / Jabra / others. Have never come across this scenario of audio before the video…

So I followed your advice, deleted the bluetooth profile from both my phone and laptop and then re-connected the device and it has been working well since.

3 Likes

You are not alone. I have the exact same situation. I can listen to music on my OnePlus 5T but when I want to watch something I would normally use my iPad.

The problem is that I have an audio video delay by over 3 seconds.
I have owned many soundcore earphones because I lost the others but the new slim are the worst you could get.

I assume, Anker messed something up with apple.

I have the a pair of these (as most of the members here know by now :joy:) as well but they have been working fine ever since I bought them apart from battery issue in the very beginning. I also have a iPhone 7 and have used Netflix to watch shows without that issue. Glad you got the issue fixed though

1 Like

Glad it’s working, if it happens again just reset everything u till next time

1 Like

We are sorry to hear your headphones are not working properly. According to the information you described, the issue you are experiencing is very unusual. Please try the following steps to see if it helps at all.

• Please use the headphones to listen to the downloaded music or video of the phone to see whether the issue still persists.

-Try deleting the pairing history on your device, resetting your device, then try to pair with the Anker headphone again

-Try pairing the Anker headphone with another Bluetooth device.

If the issue still persists, don’t worry, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@anker.com by detailing your order number and the problem you come across. We will reply you within 24 hours.

4 Likes

@AnkerSupport / Anker Team… Thanks for posting Troubleshooting steps :thumbsup:

1 Like

So I’m having this same issue, I noticed specifically watching YouTube videos off my MacBook.
Odd thing is that the audio through the headphones is AHEAD of the video by about 1-2 seconds. Consistently.

I tried deleting the Bluetooth profile for the headphones yesterday and re-paired. AUdio and video were then aligned…Hooray!

Tried again today and the problem is back. Deleted the Bluetooth profile again, re-paired, but the delay is still there. So as a “workaround” this seems to be inconsistent.

3 Likes

I am also have this exact same issue. Noticed first with YouTube videos where the audio through the Anker SoundBuds Slim (Bluetooth) is 1-2 seconds ahead of the video. Tested on iMac.

I was able to sync once by disconnecting then reconnecting, then a full refresh of the page… but the sync reappears and the same issue with audio being 1-2 seconds ahead of the video appears with the next video.

I disconnected from the iMac and connected to an iPhone, and it did appear the audio + video was much closer to being in sync. I then reconnected to iMac and we’re back to the same 1-2 seconds audio ahead of video problem.

1 Like

I gave the SoundBuds to another person to test on their computer (Macbook Air) and a few minutes later they returned and said there was something strange happening. The audio was ahead of the video by a few seconds. The exact same problem.

1 Like

Do a youtube search for bluetooth audio delay on iPhones and Macs, you will see its not just anker earbuds but a lot of other bluetooth devices as well. Sometimes the issue even appears on android phones and tablets, but its mostly an issue with iOS

@Tank – The audio is not delayed. The audio is ahead of the video by 1-2 seconds. The video becomes delayed.

1 Like