Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless Headphones

I am used to using the Beats PowerBeats 3 wireless headphones. After months of looking for my lost pair I’ve come to terms that they are officially gone. I don’t want to spend $100+ on headphones again so I’m looking for an alternative. The Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless Headphones showed in my Amazon search for $25. These have the ear hoops and design that I like in headphones, but how is the quality? I’m not crazy about base, and could really care less about it, but I cannot handle muffled sound quality. The battery life and charge time looks similar to the Beats that I had. Is there any noise cancellation? I will be using these in the office, around the house, and in the gym. Sometimes I’ll take a phone call with them.

I don’t own any anker earbuds at all. I do however own the soundcore flare. I have found the sound quality to be exceptionally good and the bass to be superb. I would put this speaker on the same level as the bose soundlink. I’m assuming the earbuds would also have exceptional quality based on the quality of the speaker.

I recommend the soundcore spirit X they have Bluetooth 5.0 instead of the curves Bluetooth 4.1 which will give you a stronger connection.

I do own a pair of curves and the sound quality is great. The curves supposedly have better bass than the spirit X but you said that bass isn’t a huge factor for you.

They also come in a few different colors all black blue and red.

The soundcore spirit pro headphones are also a good option and support the aptX audio codec that will give you better sound quality and lower latency and have dual EQ modes but do not have over the ear hooks but still stay in your ears very well.

What is aptX?
https://www.aptx.com/how-it-works?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-onjBRDSARIsAEZXcKbtS7xmbH6UYzaqnlDcidyosN6htU4k2iwA1h5mTNOFLK-lZXtQbOkaAq3cEALw_wcB

5 Likes

First of all, @Jesse_Hernandez1 knows what he is talking about. It would be hard to go wr9ng with either set (spirit x or curve), but i am a big fan of the curve, which I have owned for over a year. They are my go to earbuds, and i have a few to choose from.

Anyway, i like them so much i take all my professional phone calls on them and even bought my dad a pair. Here is my review:

Also, just to be cheeky, i’ll link to one of Jesse’s own threads about Forbes ranking curve in the top five earbuds of 2018:

3 Likes

@ryandhazen

3 Likes

I have this and it is one of my favorite Anker earphones (alongside Spirit Pro). You cannot go wrong with this.
Sound quality is stunning with Curve. There is no noise cancellation. Go with Life NC if you need ANC (that will be $99). For your intended usage I think these will be perfect (you won’t miss ANC).

1 Like

Let’s not confuse the hell out of the poor gal😂

Anker soundcore and zolo make many pairs of headphones with a myriad of features. What I got from the OP was over the ear hooks and price are important.

1 Like

OP is level 4 user. Shouldn’t be confused easily at that level :grin:

2 Likes

I compared the SoundBuds Curve to the PowerBeats awhile ago and while the sound quality is comparable, the biggest difference for me is that the Curve earbuds “seal” to your ear canal and muffle outside sounds. This is different from the PowerBeats that have a more “open” design and you can still hear what is going on around you. Here’s my full review if you’re interested:

https://technicallywell.com/anker-soundbuds-curve-review/

3 Likes

Hahahaha. Thanks all. I am not confused. I picked up the X and the Core and will see how they do. Thank you.

2 Likes

Let us know what you think in a review!

I received both the headphones and unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be keeping them. The battery life is great, but not so much sound quality. Music sounds muffled in both pairs. I’ve tried changing out the ear tips but that didn’t do any good. I also don’t like people around me can hear the music (lyrics included) clearly. My volume on my iPhone was about 50%. Not loud at all. It’s almost like o have 2 mini portable speakers instead of headphones. The only difference between the two pairs was Bluetooth connectivity range. I’m really disappointed.

I can attest that unless you have a good fit and seal it will sound muffled. The tips included didn’t work for my wife and we ended up using conform eartips for her and I used my Sony hybrid eartips to get the best sound quality.

1 Like

Sorry neither of the pairs of headphones were up to your standards. Can you please provide a little more information about why you were not satisfied. Maybe there is something myself are other community members can recommend to help.

Well as said the sound quality is muffled. I changed out the tips and payed with different configurations, but none seem to work. They are fitting in my ear well and don’t fall out, but it sounds like I’m listening with a bag over my head.

The other main problem is that others can hear what I’m listening to when the sound isn’t even loud. 50% volume is very reasonable. I believe headphones should be used for private listing and not to disturb those around you.

I still insist that you try Curve

I tried the curve and the spirit x

I’m not sure there’s a great solution here. I haven’t experienced anything of the powerbeats 3 quality in the affordable price range. Like I said, I love my curves, but there’s not a product in that price range with the quality of the powerbeats 3. Of course, there are plenty of products of the curves level of quality that you can pay over $100 for (cough cough, MArley, cough cough), but it doesn’t really go the other way. I think the Curves are the best product sub-$40.

I’m getting a set of the liberty lites this week for testing. I’ll post my review here, but i doubt they will meet your standards.

Oh, and I don’t think there’s any ANC sub-$100 worth getting. I tried a few and they’re all really buzzy.

Hmm I’m curious what applications you are using to listen to music and if the audio quality set to maximum in those applications.

As for the sound being audible two other people in close proximity I have no solution for that.

Curious where you brought these from, because I have the spirit x and when they are sealed in my ears and on full volume my wife can barely hear what I’m listening to.