Anker SOLIX Showing at RE+ Show

A collection of images from the RE+ Show happening in Las Vegas today through Friday. Anker SOLIX is there, and sharing images of product I have yet to see in real life. It’s a very exciting time to be at Anker. We’ve just launched campaigns for Nano and Prime on the charging side, and have new product including the C1000, F3800 and HES X1 on the SOLIX side.

Hit me with questions and your curiosities.

2 Likes

The big boys have entered the chat.

1 Like

I think Anker is on to something which will be a growing sector.

But it likely won’t grow for a few more years.

Global warming makes national grid power lines fail. Heat makes wires droop and increases resistance which creates a feedback loop of even more heat.

The move to EV will make the grids fail even faster.

Global warming feeding into more installations of Air Conditioning will make the grids fail even faster.

The more extreme rain will also make for “get out of Dodge” situations, currently only really common on the gulf coast, to be wider. So portability is also going to be a key differentiator Vs fixed static systems.

I think it will take a few years before people take it seriously, there’s natural cycles where you can go a few years of benign weather then a really bad year to remind everyone global warming is here to stay for at least a century.

1 Like

I think this is often missed in the bigger conversation. Good point.

1 Like

EV is a bad idea as it creates a fake hope we can live the same, only thing we do is drive a heavier vehicle which burns fossil fuel at the car factory instead of in our exhaust.

EV takes a minimum of driving 100,000 miles before you begin to offset the environmental cost of manufacturing. Hence it causes at decade of going backwards.

A much better attention is to how we build homes and cities.

It would bear more environmental benefits if we got more people in homes with a walking distance to frequent services such as schools, segregated bike routes so it’s safe to bike, and towns built with jobs within a walk/bike/public transport to most of what we need.

We have to drive less. Not just drive just as much in an EV.

The planet can tolerate some use of fossil fuels and we should ration that to where we have no viable alternative.

We have an alternative to a car, it’s our legs and our brains in how we design how and where people live.

Can anyone tell me how a SOLIX might work inside an apartment? I have no knowledge of solar power or anything like it, and I’m wondering if this product requires panels on the roof, which probably aren’t possible in apartments.

Goal is to save money on the frustratingly large utility bills. Are we getting any closer to making that aw reality or is that decades away also?

You’d have to get Anker to confirm but i think you’d plug expensive utilities like refrigerator, AC, etc into the output of the Solix, plug solar and power input and when there’s solar it uses it?

In the meantime it’s down to you to change how you cook, heat, cool, etc.

1 Like

That’s interesting math. And like … not surprising. Do you have a source though? I’m interested in learning more about how we can really affect environmental change (and yes, the clear answer is less consumerism …). Reconsidering how we design cities is really interesting to me as an American living in the intermountain West.

Hi! Sorry for my delayed reply. This particular unit is the SOLIX F3800. It’s meant to be both mobile and permanent. It’s mobile in the sense that you can use it on the road, eg to run your appliances in your RV. It weighs 132 pounds (60kg), has wheels and a handle.

It’s got 6,0000 watts (3840wh) standing alone. You can add expansion batteries.

You can charge it via AC or solar. It will charge your EV out of the box, but not for a great distance without expansions.

You can power your microwave, tv, refrigerator, etc., with it. Even your AC.

To use this as a whole home backup solution, you’ll need to a home panel.

To get more information, go to Kickstarter: https://ankerfast.club/r0jU1x

Pretty much. A cool feature about this product is TOU, time of use. You can ask it to quit charging itself when the cost to do so is high. Like a timer for your sprinkler system.

A small, but oft requested feature.

It varies by country of manufacture of the batteries.

I’d encourage to do your own research given this is an Anker community

I’ve seen vastly different numbers throughout the years regarding when EVs or hybrid vehicles break even from a general environmental cost. It doesn’t seem to be getting any clearer.

For instance this article is showing that it can be anywhere from 30-80k of EV mileage to break even with a traditional ICE vehicle.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/06/09/fact-check-electric-vehicles-emit-less-carbon-over-life-than-gas-cars/9900644002/

Here is another article discussing carbon break even at potentially 20K.

So, like Juliette, I’m curious on the 100K data you are seeing.

It depends on many factors

depends on where the batteries manufacturing and how the electricity generated in the manufacturing and usage is produced and on what happens to the car you now made spare.

1 Like

I don’t always agree with this guy but he accurately summarises this specific point

I’ll just keep my old ICE , drive it rarely (managing once a month on average) and stick with local biking, walking and buying as local goods as possible. Eventually, one way or another, either by commodities inflation or ( insert imagination here ) … we’ll all end up basically back to 19th century lifestyles.

The amusing thing is AI needs a lot of power. Not very intelligent. Irony.

We have an 20 years old VW, dont use this often.
We have our 49 Euro ticked for the public transport, we have our bikes and we can walk.:grin:

1 Like

Super interesting, and a concise roundup of a bunch of related issues. This got me thinking. I’m not sure I like what I’m learning but that’s going to be with me for a bit.

I think I need to move house so I can ride my bike and walk to more destinations … my ICE is driven a few times a week, and I should aim to change that even in snowy weather.

Darn you, @Professor! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not particularly difficult just invest the time. You want to be near a city but not in a city so you’re rural but with city nearby advantage, 5 miles out so 30 mins bike ride on a quiet road or ideally a bike path, with a backup public transport and a house with off-street parking for the rare need to drive.

As your car barely moves what fuel is uses is irrelevant but ICE has the ability to do a long drive after not being used for ages.

You want a mid latitude not too hot nor cold as you’re biking so that has to be near the ocean. Those places exist but it’s for the few not the many. Global warming and commodities futures means earlier you get there the cheaper it will be.

Oh and as far away from the south as global warming is going to drive a mass migration never seen in history.

1 Like

I agree … on all fronts. My preferred running/riding temp is 40F/4C.

1 Like