So I tested a Powerhouse 757 / Solix F1200 this last few days.
It claims to be a UPS but I’ve verified that is not true.
- plugged freezer into Powerhouse and Powerhouse into mains.
- I pressed the button to activate the AC sockets.
- I then cut the mains power at the central circuit breaker to begin a simulated power outage.
- the power kept going to the AC - the freezer kept receiving power.
- when the Powerhouse was about to run out of power - 2% I then turned power back on.
- instead of the Powerhouse then continuing to give AC power out, it disabled AC outlet, and the freezer went off.
So if you had a power outage, a brief one, and didn’t know, say away from home, the Powerhouse would cause your devices to remain unpowered, e.g. freezer contents wasted, until you returned home.
So it’s not a UPS.
Hope that helps anyone deciding if to buy one.
FYI my freezer worked for 30 hours on the Powerhouse. It should have lasted around 64 hours.