Anker should make iPhone and android charging case

We all know that Apple and mophie make there own, but there expensive and they have a tiny battery inside them. This is where we need anker with there amazing technology to bring one that’s better in design performance and specs and one that doesn’t cost 100 bucks!

5 Likes

I agree. However, anker isn’t planning on making any more phone cases. I really wish they would…

3 Likes

Ok I’ll edit that bit out

Unfortunately, ever since Mophie sued Anker, they have stopped making new battery cases.

1 Like

I never knew that :sob::cry:

So, Mophie sued anker for patent infringement?

1 Like

Yeah apparently they did makes scene but i cant find a source in the web :confused:

Looks like phone cases market is not profitable enough for Anker to return

1 Like

Maybe thats why mophie charges 100 bucks for one because barely anyone buys them

1 Like

That’s right.

1 Like

Does mophie own rights to all battery phone cases?? Can’t anker find a way to make their own version that isn’t identical in some way

1 Like

No company seems to do a charging case the way I’d like. I’d like to be able to charge the case wirelessly and or with usb-c, but use a separate charging jack. then have the case battery wirelessly charge the phone. I want the phones charger to be open, so it can be used as any other case. If they could make the case at least 5500 mih, I’d definitely buy. It really is a bummer that they got sued, as anker always makes the best version of any product.

1 Like

Seriously, I also want to know. I didn’t know they had a lawsuit

1 Like

From what I could find on google this all went down in 2018
here is one of the documents I found which was very confusing to me but shows that the owners of the company mophie sued Anker and Anker tried to claim that they didn’t steal the tech and idk what else. But there was an actual law suit

1 Like

Interesting :astonished::open_mouth: Didn’t know that

3 Likes

I’m not really sure about the details of it.

1 Like

I think the charging case deal is a double edged sword - it adds a lot of bulk to the phone that most people don’t want.

3 Likes

It would be nice to see more competition, but there’s only so much capacity you can before you’re holding a brick. Prices most likely like won’t be cheap either, it would either need to be MFi certified or Qi certified.

1 Like

Anker already had it, i use it on my iPhone 6S, but it is news to me that Anker was sued by Mophie

2 Likes

Surprised Otterbox hasn’t designed one

1 Like