Anker Reserve: Camp Lamp + Power Bank

If you’re in rural areas often you’ll know there’s dark eyesight adjustment. It’s incredible I can see feet ahead just from my wristwatch’s backlight once dark adjusted. It’s also why I like the Eufy stick-on at home as they are not bright so limit the harm to night vision.

If you have a bright light you can’t control brightness you’re a few minutes less dark-adjusted after seeing it, or worse a red spot in your eyes a little blind for a minute. So it’s key to be able to adjust brightness.

Based purely on the words here that brightness adjustment is based on how high you lifted it?

I’ve also been reading about app support in some such products, is that in this product or coming soon? So remotely control brightness?

I’m not sure I like this meme very much. It seems as though it could be insulting to another member of the forum. Just my perspective.

I’m not sure I like this meme very much. It seems as though it could be insulting to another member of the forum. Just my perspective.

Yes just a nice southern accent, no extra syllables in that one :rofl:

2 Likes

Let us in on the joke?

Or better I just remain confused?

Looks like an and interesting item but prob overkill for my normal needs…not much of a camper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Its a touch of the dry or boisterous humour us brits (and other community members) are known for…

1 Like

That’s an excellent reply. I learned something. Never knew that. Thanks.

Discussions we all learn something.

If this is a car camping like product, what could be added to it appropriate?

I barely drive, but own a car, and I do camp (backpacking) I put my Jetboil in the car (as I got lighter setup in other ways so Jetboil became the car-camping system) in with the Anker jump starter and phone is flashlight , so I thought that would was enough?

We’re probably discussing a successor product being invented here. I keep associating camping with rain and so keep thinking of IP rating.

Someone I know is building an outhouse at end of garden and I asked them yesterday how much $ was it to add electricity… and now I’m thinking this product may be a better fit them as it’s a lot cheaper than umpteen feet of wire and a long trench…

Very true, offence is in the eye of the beholder.

Depends on what they are wanting to power in the outhouse :wink:…for possible scalability of equipment to be used, I would go for running the cable and a trench and keep something like this for mobile use…

Ok well it’s an idea at least.

I remember the last lockdown and just have a feeling something akin isn’t too far off again and so “fully functioning outhouses” is at back of my mind.

Camping and isolation are sibling contexts.

I think this is less about my personal level of offense. It’s my job to keep the community welcoming for everyone. If you suspect something could be hurtful, don’t post it. If you think it isn’t hurtful, that’s OK. Others might disagree. Culturally southerners in the US get picked on a lot. I am aware that we Americans are very sensitive. Something to be aware of in cross-cultural engagements:)

I just posted a recap of our RE[Charge] event. Three members of this community were there … @ktkundy, @Robert_Hoffman, and @Matt_Tabor. Matt is from Alabama, so he has a quaint southern accent.

2 Likes

Ahh, a similar issue in UK where those with northern, or western accents are mocked by those from southeast.

As a result it’s often best to change accents to avoid it.

I worked in Huntsville AL for a while, I got bored with the same questions “have you met the Queen?” so I cloned the local accent purely from listening to people I worked with. What I eventually learned was there was different Alabama accents as I was being asked which part of Alabama I was from.

I also worked in Houston during the Gulf Oil Spill where a British company was being blamed (not true) so to avoid awkward conversations I adopted an Australian accent. Believe or not I couldn’t hold an Aussie accent more than a minute, while I could hold an Alabama accent for hours. Not sure why.

If someone is mocking someone of their accent it’s the person doing the mocking’s issues.

BTW the Americans seem to prefer a Northern English accent best.

A good example of accent movement in humour (or humor) is here. Observe how everyone’s laughing. https://youtu.be/aKfpS8K6Dvo

:joy::joy::joy:

To understand the real bavarian dialect, Andrea (left) is speaking) is nearly impossible to understand for a Prussian (right)

The true dialect real people from Vienna are using is beautiful.
I Understand it, because my mother was born in Linz,.
But often I have to ask, what the meaning is and its absolutely funny!

Never one should be offended when using and speaking his dialect.

1 Like

As we’ve discussed before, I learned my German in Munich in 80’s and I was told by other Germans I had a Bavarian accent. I never knew such a thing existed.

And I learned my French in Paris and so in Quebec they said I was “posh” French.

It’s a whole interesting topic. For USA the French language merged with English to become the “southern”, the Dutch became the New York accent, the German became the mid-west, etc. The Americans can hear other’s dialects far better than I ever could tune into. I heard there was a Idaho accent, I spent a week in Boise, but never could hear it.

Local to NYC there’s an issue where “Newark” sounds like “New York” to non-locals so I was often beckoning tourists back to the train at Newark Penn Station when it was obvious they wanted New York Penn Station.

Due to working there (and having lived there for 8 years), I usually just tell people I live in Jersey, across the Hudson river or in the metro.

Did you know there was another geographically close Newark? Newark Delaware exists and those degenerates from there pronounce it as “New’work”. Those of us from real Newark often pronounce it Noowurk or Neyurk. Additionally, the term is sort of used by New Jerseyians to describe the area of Newark; because, the incorporated towns run continuously and “Newark” proper is half the population of the area is serves. So if you looked at the population density, you might assume a much larger area is “Newark”.

1 Like

Yes I know the area well, views from Brooklyn towards north:

I once walked all around the main island, 15 miles and ironically its faster to live in Jersey and visit NYC than move around within.

1 Like

This cracked me up. (And I do take your point.)

I have a very good friend here who is from the south of England. Her family will tease her for her Welsh accent, lol. She’s not Welsh.

I can absolutely imagine you listening and applying the accent, @Professor. That’s very YOU, if you don’t mind me saying. It sounds like you were very convincing, too, which is also unsurprising.

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know if we’ll ever launch the app with the Reserve Power Bank Camp Lamp … but I’ll pass it on. I think it’s a good idea. It’s not currently available.

1 Like

Very true and through gritted teeth we have to explain to some Americans that no Wales isn’t in England.

1 Like